SAU Community

HFM 2 Piece Rotors any good?

No Crust Racing

I've grabbed some 350z Brembos for the Silvia and am looking at rotor options, I was just going to grab some DBA 4000 series and good pads and call it a day as it's a lighter car already, but have seen these are not too much more for a bit of weight saving. Can't really justify DBA 2 piece prices. Car will be on slicks and will have a little bit of poke depending on state of tune. 

Who has used them for track work? I'll be doing sprint style driving. I see some people have pad knock back issues with 2 piece rotors though. 

HFM.Parts 324mm Front Two Piece Rotors Suits: 350Z Z33, Skyline V35

Never heard of them but pad knock back is more likely caused by suspension flex around the axle. Full floating rotors will help stop this, they are flexibly mounted so they move with the flex rather than oppose it. Ceika kits for one have this as an option together with anti knock back springs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2021 at 5:05 PM, 260DET said:

Well AD buying stuff and then saying whoops! makes it hard for us to help, best to ask before buying.

You mean like the time you bought a diff from me without asking or checking the specifics of the different types available? Whoops! 🤙

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2021 at 7:19 AM, hardsteppa said:

You mean like the time you bought a diff from me without asking or checking the specifics of the different types available? Whoops! 🤙

That's right, just passing on what I learnt ha ha.