SAU Community

Turbo Swap Tips?

In the middle of the rb25 upgrade on the rb20. Its actually a Arashi bolt on. Its in and lined up perfect

First question is can I use a standard hose as my oil return line? New turbo fitting is shorter and having to  change the line/hose

The oil supply/intake hose has a smaller hole than stock. Not sure I should go back with the old one

Any other tips would be appreciated   

Once everything is bolted up, make sure the turbo shaft still spins freely, sometimes incorrect fitment can put tension on the housing in relation to each other and cause binding.

And always pre-lube the turbo with engine oil. Pour a little oil into the top oil hole to prelube the bearing or journal, spin by hand to help this process. Also crank the engine to build oil pressure first then fire it.

👍🏻

On 11/27/2021 at 10:52 PM, ChrisW434 said:

Once everything is bolted up, make sure the turbo shaft still spins freely, sometimes incorrect fitment can put tension on the housing in relation to each other and cause binding.

And always pre-lube the turbo with engine oil. Pour a little oil into the top oil hole to prelube the bearing or journal, spin by hand to help this process. Also crank the engine to build oil pressure first then fire it.

👍🏻

Thanks Chris. Will do