SAU Community

Gearbox AT to MT problems HELP r34/r33

johny013

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my car's reverse light.

First of all, I have an automatic R34 GTT which was converted in Japan to manual with an R33 gearbox. So far so good, except that when i engage a gear my reverse light is always on. (for the first, the second etc...EXCEPT "the neutral point" (i don't know if it's the good word (i'm french)).

Under the car my loom was cut/modified and i have this. (For the picture i removed the wires wich was connected).

By wanting to test combinations in hope to solve my problem, i already blown two fuses...I don't have any knowledge about loom in vehicule, so i prefere to stop before breaking everything and fo to ask professional but in France nobody was enable to help me because its a japenese car which was never release in France.

So i ask her and I hope sincerely you'll can help me because without this i can't pass my "vehicule inspection", (contrôle technique in france).

(Sorry for my english, hope you will understand)

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-29 at 12.52.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-29 at 12.53.10 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-29 at 12.53.10.jpeg

Edited by johny013

There are 2 switched on the gearbox, neutral and reverse. It sounds to me like the neutral switch has been wired into the reverse lights.  I can't see from the other pics if the reverse switch is fitted or just blanked off somehow. 

You don't need a neutral switch in a manual so worst case if you don't have a reverse switch installed you can move the neutral switch over (both switches are functionally identical, just in different locations on the box)