SAU Community

What is this part on the cooling system

On 12/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, Dontspankmabitchup said:

No shit? So I can just replace it with regular metal hose connectors and be done with it? 

I'm pretty sure, but keep in mind 08/1993 to 02/1994 there's a heater control valve part listed as a part of those hose connectors. No idea why and when I go to search up the part number I can't find any photos of it. The english name used is pretty funny so it leads to some jokes on old forums but not much else. I don't know how necessary it is considering how the BCNR33 doesn't have any mention of a heater control valve at all. The BNR32 has a heater control valve that stops the flow of coolant right at the heater core inlet and a water sensor approximately in the same spot as where the heater core bracket is for the R33s. The BCNR33 part diagram for the same parts shows nothing, which implies to me that coolant is always circulating through the heater core.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:32 PM, Dontspankmabitchup said:

Alright ill bypass it and if doesn't blow hot air constantly ill assume all is good. Maybe the constant flow is why the heater cores always rot out... Or to prevent it?

It probably makes the hose barbs that are plastic that much more fragile over time but keeping the coolant circulating is probably a good thing.