SAU Community

RB 26/30 Clutch recomendations

On 6/12/21 at 2:23 PM, Nicko69 said:

Hi all got a R33 pushing 450rwkw manual box got a triple plate clutch in it. I'm after any info on a clutch that will take the power no worries but is easier on the drive for street use?? 

Xtreme 230mm organic twin plate 

I was running the direct clutch services 1000hp rated twin plate clutch, I thought it was really nice, good pedal feel, not too heavy, a little ‘bitey’ on initial grab, but nothing excessive, got used to it pretty quickly, it held just over 500kw for over a year, when the car was pulled apart had it checked, was told plate wear indicated it had done what they considered’ bed in stage. Lol

it will be going back in the car when it all goes back together. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this helps.. I have a OS Giken R3C, triple plate, and I find that I need to be on my toes in terms of shift quality. I find its very sensitive. When the clutch is cool/cold its easier to drive/ride it, but once its warmed up, there's hardly any give. Bite point is towards the top of the pedal, but not quite. Street driving isn't very friendly.. I have to give it a bit of revs to take off - A little too much and she chips, too little(sometimes all 4), and I'll stall(Whilst everyone thinks I cant drive a manual).

Put it into perspective, my mate with a nismo twin plate(comp edition) hates my clutch.

Its a bit of a pig to drive imo, but I'm not fussed, cos when I do launch it, it grabs hard.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m switching from a nismo comp spec to 9 inch dcs sintered twin plate shortly. Planning on going 26/30 later in the new year pushing well over 500kw. The nismo has been great. Is holding 360kw at all 4 well and has been in for the last 4 years on the same power. The nismo is perfect for the street in a standard car as it feels like stock. Only down fall is the nismo is crap for drag racing. I’ve done about 25 passes on sticky tyres and it’s starting to get really worn out and very high take up point. Last drag meet I did, slipped it a bit too hard getting used to the new surface at the creek and it got too hot and couldn’t change gears until it cooled down, and also cost me a starter motor as it locked up from all the material. Plus the novelty of a lightweight flywheel is wearing off too