SAU Community

R34 GTT Speedo

Exodus01

Does anyone have a 34 GTT manual speedo i could to test with?

The speed cluster on my instrument stopped working at the end of a drive as i turned into my street and dropped to 0 (it never fluctuates or moves at all).

everything else is OK, RPM, fuel, pressure. 

Tried holding the clock reset in (as seen on another post), i have replaced the speed sensor from the gear box and checked the plugs on the gearbox also.

Am hoping someone may have a speedo i could plug in to confirm that is where my problem is?

Not aware of the cog? Assume i need the box out for this?

The continuity test was why I wanted to borrow someone's cluster to test with, if speedo didn't work then something like the cog or no signal prior to the dash.

Figured this would be the last thing I could check before getting it looked at by a professional

On 12/22/2021 at 5:52 AM, Exodus01 said:

Not aware of the cog?

Well, gears don't drive themselves.

Assume i need the box out for this?

Inspection camera?

The continuity test was why I wanted to borrow someone's cluster to test with

Multimeter?

Yea I didn't mean fundamentally how it works just not the cog you are referring to.

Don't have an inspection cable or a multimeter. Or the knowledge of what to look for

Hence why I'm looking to test with another cluster (if possible) as a last thing I can do on my own before going to a professional. If another cluster works problem solved if not, ill wait for my mechanic to have availability for me.