SAU Community

If you were to import a second car from Japan, what would you buy?

type r integra is not a bad unit, big bills for one now though and not super fast. i had one(left hand drive canadian model little bit different) but until you smash through the gears and off the limiter in one all day and rail some tight cornered tracks with it, its hard to explain how fun/reliable they are. great little grocery getter cheap on fuel easy to fix.

cheers

Edited by MoMnDadGTR
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Appreciate all your input on this but I'm basically sold on getting a 3rd/4th gen Pajero.

After so much deliberation and realising that the only car(s) I would/could buy on the UK-side for my budget would be a BMW 3 series or 5 series or some little sh*tter like a Dacia Sandero. The BMW would be great but I'd basically just end up turning it into a track car and be in a similar position as I am with the Skyline. JP side, I just can't be assed to deal with anything that may experience a parts shortage or is currently (in my opinion) overvalued.

Pajero would be great in the immediate term, spending a lot of time in the mountains etc; also safer to deal with the poor, yet overly aggressive driving over here. And they seem fairly reliable. Not to mention they've sold 1.2m units of the 3rd and 4th gens, so parts shouldnt be too difficult to obtain.