SAU Community

OBD2 scanner tool suitable for a Stagea NM35

samuri

Android / iphone software is 'hobdrive'. The ebay link to the wifi obd2 dongle is now dead, so its a lucky dip to find one that will work. I'd go for wifi over bluetooth, and I have a weird memory that getting something with VW Golf support is more likely to work... or maybe i just made that up.

Thanks but I have a VQ25DET motor  in the  series 1 ,2002 stage NM35  which isn't in the list josh supplied.

Thanks for the link  but there seems a few issues one you search  through the comments. I will follow up and see if I get a response.

Is anyone certain which protocol is used by Nissan for the OBD 2 tool

eg Ancel  BM700  OBD scanner definitely won't work.

Edited by samuri

On 12/28/2021 at 5:37 AM, samuri said:

Thanks but I have a VQ25DET motor  in the  series 1 ,2002 stage NM35  which isn't in the list josh supplied.

Thanks for the link  but there seems a few issues one you search  through the comments. I will follow up and see if I get a response.

Is anyone certain which protocol is used by Nissan for the OBD 2 tool

eg Ancel  BM700  OBD scanner definitely won't work.

The list is not comprehensive. If you want to be sure NDS2 offers a trial mode where you can check to see if it will pair and what modules it supports. NDS2 is implementing the Consult 2 protocol so it is probably the most likely to support your car.

Which model phone are you using to read the data.

Its not compatible with Pixel 2 I believe,  which is what I have.Pixel 3 is ok

I have access to an iPhone 6 which I believe will work

How good is the HKS product ,as it will be a $300import from Japan plus gst.

I was hoping for a solution around half that price but if its a killer tool then I can be swayed

will it do a Mazda 3 or skyline1996 or most vehicles beyond 2010?

I just read a comment that Carscope plus is not supported by IOS13and that the HKSunit was useless 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/carscopeplus/id689888262

On 12/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, samuri said:

Which model phone are you using to read the data.

Its not compatible with Pixel 2 I believe,  which is what I have.Pixel 3 is ok

I have access to an iPhone 6 which I believe will work

How good is the HKS product ,as it will be a $300import from Japan plus gst.

I was hoping for a solution around half that price but if its a killer tool then I can be swayed

will it do a Mazda 3 or skyline1996 or most vehicles beyond 2010?

I just read a comment that Carscope plus is not supported by IOS13and that the HKSunit was useless 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/carscopeplus/id689888262

NDS2 is 70 AUD and it needs a VAG K+CAN cable which is like 34 AUD. It's free to try especially if you have any friends with what is a fairly basic OBD2 to USB cable. HKS OB-Link is a generic diagnostic tool, it's not going to even have a chance of reading out all the other CAN modules on your car, talking to those is manufacturer-specific. If you want 100% compatibility for diagnostics then get a real Consult II and whatever subscription is required to keep it functioning. I'm willing to bet that the next best thing is NDS2.