SAU Community

Stagea Wiper Arms

Illings

On 28/12/2021 at 4:20 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Get them coated, I’ve sent mine to Xtreme fuel systems, they are getting cerakoted, I’ll post photos when I get them back 

Please do! What turnaround time and ballpark cost are you looking at for getting it done? Or do you just chuck them in with all the other parts you are getting coated?

I like the idea of coating them but not having wipers at all for a while feels a bit sketchy.

On 28/12/21 at 4:30 PM, soviet_merlin said:

I like the idea of coating them but not having wipers at all for a while feels a bit sketchy.

Sorry, didn’t consider that, I’m used to GTR life, where wait times aren’t considered. 
to get them coated wouldn’t be more then $50, but you would need someone close to you for efficiency. 
My guy could do them in a couple of days if it was urgent but if your posting would be a nightmare on wait time. 
and you’d be fkd if you got caught in the rain. 
I know with the GTR new arms are close to $300, not sure with your car. But coating wouldn’t or should I say shouldn’t be more the $50 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 4:43 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Sorry, didn’t consider that, I’m used to GTR life, where wait times aren’t considered. 
to get them coated wouldn’t be more then $50, but you would need someone close to you for efficiency.

Hah, no worries! I'm not OP, so their situation might be different. I appreciate the suggestion. Will keep the coating option in mind when some overdue other rust work is scheduled one day and the car is out anyway. My main fear is starting on something like that, getting it all fresh and nice and then noticing how all the other bits around it look a bit worse for wear in comparison. It would never end!

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, soviet_merlin said:

My main fear is starting on something like that, getting it all fresh and nice and then noticing how all the other bits around it look a bit worse for wear in comparison. It would never end!

Sounds like every project that I have ever worked on

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...