SAU Community

(R34 gtr) active suspension ?

Hello,

I'm considering to upgrade (from stock suspension) to an active suspension system.

Car will be street/track days but I would like the best setup.

However it's quite hard to find review on such aftermarket product. So I'm wondering if it's worth it or if it's just a gadget ?

The only brand which has made a model for a R34 gtr is tein (mono + active EDFC pro)

I noticed also some other brand such as mcr-ltd, dscsport, Aragosta or tractivesuspension

Any advice ?

Best regards

They're not really "active suspension" though, are they? Not in the computer-controlled-takes-input-from-a-bunch-of-G-steering-angle-rideheight-speed-etc-sensors-and-tries-to-control-wheel-rate-and-position-to-keep-the-body-flat/steady sense that proper active suspension is, right? You're just talking about electrically/remote adjustable damping rate, right?

On 12/31/2021 at 5:35 PM, GTSBoy said:

They're not really "active suspension" though, are they? Not in the computer-controlled-takes-input-from-a-bunch-of-G-steering-angle-rideheight-speed-etc-sensors-and-tries-to-control-wheel-rate-and-position-to-keep-the-body-flat/steady sense that proper active suspension is, right? You're just talking about electrically/remote adjustable damping rate, right?

https://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html

The Tein product he's talking about is actually trying to be true active suspension. MCR's coilovers are just a custom spec relabeled Tein coilover. DSC Sport only makes a system for the R35, not the older RB GTRs, same is true of the Aragosta Type-SA active coilovers. Tractive Suspension seems to make something for the RB26 GTRs, but for a "performance coilover" they don't seem to care about basic information like spring rate which isn't all that promising.

Personally I'm of the opinion that if you're going to do this, you need to have it all properly integrated instead of whatever weird nonsense is going on with most of these systems. I really doubt that these systems are well-integrated compared to how an OEM would do it.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:06 AM, joshuaho96 said:

properly integrated instead of whatever weird nonsense is going on with most of these systems. I really doubt that these systems are well-integrated compared to how an OEM would do it.

That's my point precisely.

thanks for your inputs 

well I just mention some brands maybe I forgot one which made some product for the r34 gtr ?

so it looks like only tein made a "serious" product? But I'm quite concerned due to lack of reviews 

edfc is from 2013 ! and no new product since then so I guess it's not popular which means it's not a good option ?

so I think I'm better to go with a more classic system

I had these Tein coilovers and controller fitted to my car a few years it was novel made it easy to ajust the shock dampeners syuted for lazy people but i had to disconect the motors and wiring as someone smashed my passenger window and helped themselves to the controller and a couple of other things so now i just ajust the shock dampening manually company wanted nearly $600.00 for new controller so that wasnt going to happen a second time but the dampeners work great