SAU Community

Are the RB20de neo and RB25de neo exhaust side Valve covers the same?

Hello everyone,

I'm recently opened my rb25de Neo valve cover (Exhaust side) and I noticed that the wall where the rocker cover gasket sits in was oxidized and fell off.

my question is can this be fixed?

or should i just swap it with the RB20de neo cover and are the rb25de neo and rb20de neo covers the same?

IMG_20220104_174329.jpg

Edited by romel

First things first... What. The. Living. f**k? How? Just how? Have you been parking it in an acid bath?

2nd. Yes, maybe a talented welder could build that back up and then machine it flat. But....you would only do that for a vintage car where getting a replacement is zero chance.

3rd. Yes, it is almost certain that all the Neo (turbo/NA/20/25) covers should fit.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, GTSBoy said:

First things first... What. The. Living. f**k? How? Just how? Have you been parking it in an acid bath?

2nd. Yes, maybe a talented welder could build that back up and then machine it flat. But....you would only do that for a vintage car where getting a replacement is zero chance.

3rd. Yes, it is almost certain that all the Neo (turbo/NA/20/25) covers should fit.

That was my reaction to bro "First things first... What. The. Living. f**k? How? Just how? Have you been parking it in an acid bath?" 

I still cant believe what I saw this afternoon.

This car has been sitting for approx. 10 years. I pulled it out of a ER34 which I bought for $250

So I was thinking to take the engine apart and check if its still good if yes I was thinking of rebuilding it and swapping it with my RB20de Neo. also down the road I was thinking to convert it into a Rb25de-t.

someone went already to buy some parts of this car and they left the bonnet open I think for years so I hope not to see any other surprises down the teardown.

the car came with the auto Trans, eco, wiring, cluster the RB25de neo

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.30 PM-5.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.30 PM-4.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.30 PM-3.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.30 PM-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.30 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.29 PM-3.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.29 PM-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-04 at 11.52.29 PM.jpeg

I'm pretty speechless. I don't know if you're attempting to rescue that car..

or you have another car, and you're using the one pictured as a parts car and salvaging as many as possible things from it...

Either way this is going to be an uphill battle, I am suprised there is a Skyline (or two?) in Surname!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, romel said:

Lol are you speachless to bro? 

I will keep you guys updated during the teardown. 

I also noticed this on my cams is it normal?

Are you worried about the grinding marks on the shaft or some wear marks on the lobes? The grinding marks may or may not be factory. It is common for there to be some grinding marks along the casting flashes on those parts of the cam. Yours look like they were fairly aggressively done, but there's nothing to suggest that it's not as-factory. They might have been touched up by someone who thought that further removing casting flashes would improve the cams (when it really wouldn't).

Have a google image search for RB25 cams (and also google for RB20 and RB26 cams) and look at the variation is what can be seen there.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 12:09 AM, Kinkstaah said:

I'm pretty speechless. I don't know if you're attempting to rescue that car..

or you have another car, and you're using the one pictured as a parts car and salvaging as many as possible things from it...

Either way this is going to be an uphill battle, I am suprised there is a Skyline (or two?) in Surname!

Nah man i have another r34 and i am trying to use the orange skyline as a parts car and salvage as many as possible. I opened the rb25de neo engine yesterday and there are a lot of suprises in the engine. Will upload the videos in a minute. 

Yes there were alot of skylines like 10years back in suriname. But maintenance is hard for the people here so the cars end up dead or scrapped. I have a college who has a r34 sedan with a rb25det neo engine and nismo cluster etc. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 12:37 AM, GTSBoy said:

Are you worried about the grinding marks on the shaft or some wear marks on the lobes? The grinding marks may or may not be factory. It is common for there to be some grinding marks along the casting flashes on those parts of the cam. Yours look like they were fairly aggressively done, but there's nothing to suggest that it's not as-factory. They might have been touched up by someone who thought that further removing casting flashes would improve the cams (when it really wouldn't).

Have a google image search for RB25 cams (and also google for RB20 and RB26 cams) and look at the variation is what can be seen there.

Yes man i was worried about the grinding marks on the shaft. Thank you so much for the breakdown. Really appreciate it.

• 5 months later...