SAU Community

M35 Locking Fuel Flap

Huge350RX

Hi all! ;) I'm Patrick. I'm an M35 350RX owner. I'm wanting to fit Cruise Control as I'm quite an 'old man' these days! I wanted to enquire as to whether anyone has had experience fitting/driving with this kit sold by Sinergy Motorsports; https://sinergymotorsports.com.au/product/cruise-control-nissan-skyline-v35/ Thanks everyone :) 

PS: I obv stuffed up with topic above! Doh! :( I also wanted to ask if the fuel flap locks/unlocks with the vehicle As I'm due to collect my Stagea in 2-3 weeks post compliance. Cheers everyone :)

Hi Patrick,

I'm using a Pivot 3 throttle and cruise controller in my 2003 M35 VQ25DET, and it works well. I didn't care for the throttle controller function so I can't comment on how well that works, I only bought it for the cruise control function which is great.

https://pivotjp.com/product/3da/3da-e.html

As for the fuel flap lock, there is a lock actuator behind the fuel flap lock mechanism that I believe prevents the flap from being opened while the car is locked, but mine if disconnected because it's broken so I can't be 100% sure. You have to give the edge a gentle push and it will pop open. Not really the answer you are looking for I guess.. hahaa!

G'day Iain,

Thank you for the great information. 🙂 I have read of the throttle controllers so it's good to know they work well for cruise control. They are cheaper than the the kit I listed above too. Did you have someone fit yours or was it a DIY?

Thanks also for the info on the fuel filler cap. I'm hoping the flap is locked with the vehicle as it's good to keep ones fuel supply secure; especially in this day and age! 🙄 Cheers mate! 😊