SAU Community

Project Mu Forged Sports 4-Piston Kit

does anyone have any experience with the project mu forged sports 4-piston kit for the GTRs?

it's a front brake bolt-on kit, 355mm x 32mm

• forged aluminum
  • 41mm piston
  • 4 pads / caliper

from my experience with the brand in the past, they make pretty solid stuff, so i figured this would be a nice upgrade for the R33. anyone here have experience with these? the site search didn't really yield any results, just posts about brake pads, mostly.

cheers!

I've never used or seen that kit. project mu have a serious reputation in braking but there is a lot of information missing from that listing like type and style of dogbone, is the disc solid or full floating to the hats etc. It also mentions they run '1 synchronised pad per piston' which sounds overly complex solution to a non-problem to me. Also no information on price or availability of replacement pads or rotor rings

If I was looking for something that serious I'd go AP racing or perhaps Brembo as they have plenty of users and good availability, but in any case something like Just Jap ATTKD are proven and less than half the price (assuming that listing is USD)

• Like 2

thanks, @Duncan

i wrote to them and this was their response:

The rotors are a floating 2 piece type. In regards to getting ahold of more rotors, typically they would have to be ordered from Japan so the current standard of ocean freight wait times do apply. 

Here is the extra information that you requested: 

Total length : 282.8mm / Total width : 156.25mm / Total height : 72.3mm
Materials, production methods: Aluminium alloy/Forged
Surface finishing: Hard alumite with powder coating
Piston diameter: 41mm
Rotor dimensions: 345mmx32mm/355x32mm
No. of pads: 4Pads / 1 Caliper