SAU Community

GKTech R32 weld in anti squat reduction kit

Hmmm. What I want to know is, why the f**k are they available on the US site and not on the parent (Australian) site? I would be all over these like a fat kid on a mars bar if I knew they existed.

As to the design: It appears to be exactly what I have been imagining in my head to fabricobble to achieve that goal without having to remove the subframe.

As to the steel guage: It appears to be fine. It's about the same as the existing brackets. It is welded on the underside of the frame and braced up to one side of the original bracket. Seems like it should be OK.

I might have to ask the (unts why they're not offering it here in Oz.

I a have set I've been meaning to install. Having driven plenty of s13 and s14/15 there is a big difference in how they drive under acceleration on track. Imagine material is up to it as similar to factory sub frame mounts.

@GTSBoy seem to be in stock here
https://au.gktech.com/s13-180sx-r32-subframe-anti-squat-reduction-weld-in-kit

On 24/01/2022 at 1:48 PM, GTSBoy said:

I would be all over these like a fat kid on a mars bar if I knew they existed.

Not sure if this works for R32s, however if possible - perhaps fitting in a S14 or S15 subframe with the GKTech subframe offset bushes might be a better solution - OEM+ kind of thing.

I know S13s with S14/15 subframes drive so much better at the track. You're not going side to side on power!

On 1/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Not sure if this works for R32s, however if possible - perhaps fitting in a S14 or S15 subframe with the GKTech subframe offset bushes might be a better solution - OEM+ kind of thing.

I already have an A31 subframe that I spent a lot of time and effort (stripping, cleaning, painting, bushing) fitting to get rid of HICAS. It has also been noted that the subframes in the later S chassis cars are lighter duty than the R chassis cars, for whatever bizarre reason. So that would be a somewhat backward step.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, r32-25t said:

The 32 has the same pick up points as the s13 that were changed in the 33/34 to being the same as the 14/15

i know a lot of the fast 32s have changed it 

It's very much a "standard' thing to do. You fab up some new little bracket bits and weld them on so that the LCA is rotated down from the original location, by about 2". It's normally done with the subframe out of the car because it is not a lot of fun trying to fab it all up and weld the bits on in the right place upside down on a hoist. You have to have the LCA available to fit up because you have to weld the new brackets on in the location that is defined by where the front inner of the LCA ends up when you rotate it down from the original spot.

Motive did a video on it for the R32 GTR project sometime last year. That really made me realise that the best possible thing would be a something that used one or both of the original bracket points as a locator to define where you had to put the new brackets. And lo and behold....GKTech to the rescue. Flap disc off some paint, weld on, repaint, done in an hour. Apart from having to do the spherical bush conversion on the LCA first.

On 24/1/2022 at 6:05 PM, GTSBoy said:

I already have an A31 subframe that I spent a lot of time and effort (stripping, cleaning, painting, bushing) fitting to get rid of HICAS. It has also been noted that the subframes in the later S chassis cars are lighter duty than the R chassis cars, for whatever bizarre reason. So that would be a somewhat backward step.

It's very much a "standard' thing to do. You fab up some new little bracket bits and weld them on so that the LCA is rotated down from the original location, by about 2". It's normally done with the subframe out of the car because it is not a lot of fun trying to fab it all up and weld the bits on in the right place upside down on a hoist. You have to have the LCA available to fit up because you have to weld the new brackets on in the location that is defined by where the front inner of the LCA ends up when you rotate it down from the original spot.

Motive did a video on it for the R32 GTR project sometime last year. That really made me realise that the best possible thing would be a something that used one or both of the original bracket points as a locator to define where you had to put the new brackets. And lo and behold....GKTech to the rescue. Flap disc off some paint, weld on, repaint, done in an hour. Apart from having to do the spherical bush conversion on the LCA first.

I was wondering if a set of r33 arms would just bolt in if you use the gktech kit

On 1/24/2022 at 3:21 PM, r32-25t said:

I was wondering if a set of r33 arms would just bolt in if you use the gktech kit

Maybe. But there's no particular reason for them to just because they work on the R33 subframe. And it wouldn't solve the introduced bush twist issue either. The R33 subframe pickup points would be welded on to align the arm pivots on that plane of rotation with the front mount lower than on R32. When you lower the front mount on the R32, the rear mount's axis is still aligned with the original front mount's higher location. Thus you load the rear bush when you push the front one down. There would be no escaping having to put sphericals in at least the rear bush location. I would assume that the GKTech kit's front brackets would be set up to work with the rotated axis of the front bush and wouldn't absolutely require the spherical there, but probably safer to do both, plus take out any hope of the car soaking up any NVH!