SAU Community

HKS GTIII-2530 bearing type

Meap

On 7/16/2022 at 3:52 PM, BK said:

Do you have a race meeting coming up or something ?

I wish 😂. A career change paired with an upcoming big move to another prefecture is prompting the expedited service. 

On 7/16/2022 at 12:18 AM, Duncan said:

Well, I'd love to see some real world results from these turbos (ie, not from the manufacturer), there is a lot of doubt in these parts...

Aren't the UP Garage results "real world"? The trouble is I've yet to see anyone else reproduce their numbers at the low-end. With their Spectrum Motorsports DR500 turbos they're claiming 18 psi by 3000 RPM while making 350 kW to the wheels: https://www.facebook.com/upgarage/videos/697436427734626

On 7/15/2022 at 11:07 PM, joshuaho96 said:

I still have a hard time explaining away this post, maybe some day I'll be able to get my car on a dyno with a proper tune to figure out if this is remotely achievable:

image.thumb.png.d6ddc895caf979b0860e12ff6960a39c.png

Was the run with HKS done on the same engine as Garrett?

On 7/17/2022 at 7:46 AM, TXSquirrel said:

Was the run with HKS done on the same engine as Garrett?

Not sure it was the exact same engine but UP Garage doesn't really do bespoke builds, they claimed it was all their VCAM Step 1 package and about the same weather. I believe the M7655 and GTIII-SS was back to back though. If you check their site this is what they mention, they probably used the 850cc SARD injectors for those runs but they've transitioned to the Bosch 980cc injectors since then as Denso discontinued it:

1032566897_ScreenShot2022-07-18at12_23_34AM.thumb.png.913b3914074c4eddbdf9cb7cbacbae40.png

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 6:46 PM, Meap said:

So how do you like them? 😄

Apologies for the late reply. No problems with them so far. Of course, singles are a better option these days for outright performance, but I didn't want to lose the original form factor of the engine bay. I also wanted to continue bringing my car to a Nismo Performance Center without many complications.

I have yet to put the car on a dyno, but when I do I'll post the chart for everyone's enjoyment 😉