SAU Community

Auto ECU in Manual

I'm looking for a replacement ECU for a manual stagea. The owner isn't interested in aftermarket/tunable options, just a factory replacement.

There's not many options out there, and I have read a few posts saying that an auto ECU will work.

If this is the case, are there any tricks to making it start and run correctly?

Comparing the two ECU diagrams, theres quite a lot going on with the auto ECU eg: Throttle switch for idle/full throttle, a number of connections

to the inhibitor switch.

I have read that you have to trick the ECU to think it's in park?

Any help would be appreciated, if anyone else has done this.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:41 AM, Duncan said:

Sorry I don't have specifics, but I ran my manual conversion on the original ECU for some time. I believe that bridging the park switch was the only thing required

Cheers, I thought that might be the case. I’m guessing it ran fine, no idling issues etc?

On 2/11/2022 at 6:26 AM, RB25DETonation said:

Probably because it makes the auto shift up instead of having a limiter

What are you basing this on? Auto ecus have limiters mate.

Mate, an auto s2 stagea or r34 ecu ( what is being discussed here)definitely have a rev limiter.

This is for a s2 stagea that have tiptronic. They dont shift up on their own when in manual shift  mode.

What conversion did you do that had a rev limiter not work?

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 11:37 AM, GTSBoy said:

All auto R chassis (and the crappy stag ones too) have rev limiters.

Of course they have rev limiters.

I can even show you the rev limiter in the factory ROMs if you really want.

Like a few threads ago you were talking about putting 25 pistons in a 26, then a couple of threads later going on about pin height difference, you showed enough there  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yes indeed ; They offered it to me, I'm waiting for their quote 😉
    • Hey, thanks dude. Freedom to do whatever one wants to with their own car and build, but personally I don't want anything that's too precious. If I can't beat on it when I feel inspired, what's the point of having a car like this? And if I break something, it's me who's going to be fixing it myself...
    • https://files.fm/u/nrm9zrpkjj
    • Admin delete if not allowed please, I just purchased an r32 GTST with a Gtr front bar , grill I assume bonnet? (maybe) I have 2 questions he told me it had an RB25det I’m new to the RB world, and this is the photo I have taken and also I noticed a piece near my suspension broken is this fixable , will update new photos tomorrow once I have lifted her up and removed the LHS wheel I want to know if there is ways around this , I didn’t notice anything as it drove with no knocks on the suspension or weird feeling    the car feels sluggish, and the rpm cluster literally goes to 3.5-4k rpm and when you put your foot down it dances around like the local girl on Canterbury road or Sefton playhouse the car sat for 8 years he said the oil was dropped and re done , I noticed the oil was very clean car starts no problems by all means it’s not a clean car it is a project but doesn’t need much, knowing me I will go overboard the colour is horrible car has 88k kms hardly driven needs a few things but it’ll be fun to build properly    so guys is this an rb20 or rb25 and what is this bracket called? Can it be fixed thanks 
    • found this on the forum , suggests I am in the range  ----------------------------- From the segmented (potentially incorrect) information I've found that;  Early R32: RB26000XXXX to RB26002XXXX  Mid R32: RB26003XXXX (V-Spec I RB26-03XXXXX - Reference Classic Register) Late R32: RB26004XXXX (V-Spec II RB26-042XXXX - RB26-045XXXX - Reference Classic Register) Early R33: RB26005XXXX Mid R33: RB26006XXXX (as per the engine in this R32 V-Spec II, which is what I'm concerned about from legitimacy perspective) Late R33:  RB26007XXXX Early R34 (2000+):  RB26008XXXX ----------------------