SAU Community

Hi Guys....Question from a "Pommie".(England).

MAL T

On 2/26/2022 at 10:53 AM, GTSBoy said:

It's worse than that. I've been stuck in Bunbury for the last 8 months anyway.

As to the hubcaps - I'm wasn't sufficiently familiar with the movie to know what cars are in it. Apart from the car chase, the rest of the movie is shit. I'm not about to do any research to look for a car in it that doesn't even have those hubcaps on!! I've got infinite hours of youtube videos to watch first. But.....are you sure that they are Charger hubcaps? The do not look anything like Chrysler/Dodge hubcaps of the late 60s (which were universally pretty f**ken ugly!). They do look a lot more like GM product of the late 60s.

Hey there is nothing wrong with Bunghole. Sure it’s no Birmingham, but we go alright.😃

Man even I had to google Bunbury, my knowledge ends at Mandurah

Anyway, pistons/rings, rods, bearings + gasket kits, timing belts etc are all readily available in a range of prices. I use Justjap.com but there are many other choices too. I'm sure others here can recommend.  Machining can be done at any competent engine shop and there are no real tricks required inside a non-turbo, standard motor (noting you could take the opportunity to turbo it because Stageas can really do with a bit more oomph, but it will triple your cost by the time you add computer, injectors, exhaust manifold etc). If you do a rebuild, make sure you at least inspect and possibly replace the oil pump, and replace the water pump, timing belt and timing belt idler and tensions bearings and the bolt and stud that hold those on.

But the reason I asked is that the failure you described is very unusual, particularly in what I am guessing is a non-turbo, unmodified engine. Assuming it is internal it will be interesting to learn what failed.

Hi Duncan.......I think I may have caused the problem !!!!   I have always put Shell Hi-Octane fuel in EXCEPT when I was a long way from home & half filled the tank from TESCO with H10 fuel 😒

Am I right in thinking that the Turbo version of a RB25 runs with LOWER compression pistons compares to the NORMALLY asperated engine ?

My Stagea APPEARS to be a RB25DE NEO 25RS (Series 2)....Is there an easy way to confirm it IS a 25RS model ? A badge on the tailgate says it is !.......Is a level of engine tune OR body/interior trim ?     Can't find anything printed (so far) to help me.

Bet you can't believe how LITTLE I know about my car....Other than I LOVED my R33 GTS, regretted selling it, saw there was an ESTATE version....AND WANTED ONE !!!!!!!

OK....It don't go into "Time Warp" like my R33 did......(but I've got grey hair now) my reflex reactions only work up to 132mph (officer) 😆

Good Night (1:56 AM)........................Mal T 

On the firewall there will be a japanese build plate with a number something like WGNC34-xxxxxx. You can put that into a VIN search like here and find the factory spec of the car - https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/nissan?_s=h

And I understand about Stageas....I bought an auto, turbo one about 15 years ago. It is now manual, has mostly GTR running gear under it and makes about 400awkw from a 3l engine and largish turbo. Still pretty low key car externally though.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:22 PM, djr81 said:

Hey there is nothing wrong with Bunghole. Sure it’s no Birmingham, but we go alright.😃

I've been here so long that I now have to choose between a facial piercing or a neck tat if I want to keep getting let into the Rose Hotel.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:57 PM, GTSBoy said:

I've been here so long that I now have to choose between a facial piercing or a neck tat if I want to keep getting let into the Rose Hotel.

Wait, what? There are standards for getting into a pub in Bunno? Gentrification must be happening. Flanno and a mullet should get you anywhere.

• Like 1

Hi Duncan.....That Amayama is a BIG help to me.......THANKS !

I've got my "Aussie" bearings now !......Bunbury is South of Perth on the West Coast ....So I've put Hong Kong as the 8 hours ahead of GB time so I don't message you in the middle of the night....So you must be getting up for work !

GTSBoy...............It's VERY unfair nickname to refer to your city Bunbury as "bunghole"....that's a Bevis & Butthead expression....'cos your city lies on 3 rivers with GREAT water sport facilities....It is a common human failing to get complacent with our "every day" surroundings & "take them for granted" !.....You are lucky "bungholers" 😂😂 

There is an inversion of the seasons between us....May to September is SPRING & SUMMER to us but AUTUMN & WINTER to you guys !! 

Having priced out some basic "engine internals"......Have started saving some of my £171 per week for a head gasket 🤣🤣

Time to hit the sack...........Mal T

I didn't call it bunghole. That was djr81, who actually lives here. I'm just stuck here by a combination of a shitty project and the border being slammed shut for the majority of the last 6 months.

I call the place Bunnabama. Also sometimes Buntuckey.

You're right about the water sports. I entered my first ever long distance open water swimming race on the weekend. I've never been so fit as I have this summer.

GTSBoy......Judging by the time you must be "having a few tinnies" by the water.........It looks from google earth an idealic place AND you can scare the "natives" with your "rapid metal" (sorry officer....didn't mean to wake you ! 😂).

Just sorted in the achives ......thought you might like to see how all MY "locals" ever saw my car 🙂

DSC01306.JPG

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 2:11 AM, Duncan said:

On the firewall there will be a japanese build plate with a number something like WGNC34-xxxxxx. You can put that into a VIN search like here and find the factory spec of the car - https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/nissan?_s=h

And I understand about Stageas....I bought an auto, turbo one about 15 years ago. It is now manual, has mostly GTR running gear under it and makes about 400awkw from a 3l engine and largish turbo. Still pretty low key car externally though.

Good Mornin' Duncan............Thanks again for the info about Amayama site VERY useful....for parts & prices !

One problem i have ....Can't read the "Size Chart" for the Bearing Crankshaft ...Because they are in japanese....I set the language to "English" in the "header" at the top of the site....but please see attached document to see problem !!....How do you guys get round that !!

Best Thingies......Mal T

Amayama Doc 01.pdf

Mornin Duncan.......Thanks again for the Amayama site VERY helpful sorting out bits !!

How on earth do you manage to read the "sizing chart" for the Bearing Crankshaft from the chart ??.....I have selected "English" in the "header" but this bit is in japanese (see enclosed document)

Amayama Doc 01.pdf

On 3/1/2022 at 9:45 AM, GTSBoy said:

I didn't call it bunghole. That was djr81, who actually lives here. I'm just stuck here by a combination of a shitty project and the border being slammed shut for the majority of the last 6 months.

I call the place Bunnabama. Also sometimes Buntuckey.

You're right about the water sports. I entered my first ever long distance open water swimming race on the weekend. I've never been so fit as I have this summer.

You stuck at Albemarle?

On 3/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, MAL T said:

GTSBoy......Judging by the time you must be "having a few tinnies" by the water.........It looks from google earth an idealic place AND you can scare the "natives" with your "rapid metal" (sorry officer....didn't mean to wake you ! 😂).

Just sorted in the achives ......thought you might like to see how all MY "locals" ever saw my car 🙂

DSC01306.JPG

Sorry it is a cultural thing. The only way to show any respect for anything is to relentlessly take the p!ss out of it. On that basis: Mal, your boat appears to be missing a bunghole.

A random photo of Bunghole Skyline for those playing at home. As distinct from a Bunghole Skyline of which there appears to be fewer and fewer, sadly.

0H5A5770.thumb.JPG.62d61ce2bb6d568eae821c14940e8656.JPG

Edited by djr81
  • Like 1

On 04/03/2022 at 2:03 PM, MAL T said:

Mornin Duncan.......Thanks again for the Amayama site VERY helpful sorting out bits !!

How on earth do you manage to read the "sizing chart" for the Bearing Crankshaft from the chart ??.....I have selected "English" in the "header" but this bit is in japanese (see enclosed document)

Amayama Doc 01.pdf 511.77 kB · 1 download

It's OK, you don't. You buy a set of ACL aftermarket oversize bearings and machine the crank to suit if you can't just use standard size bearings. The Nissan 1/2/3 grading was for very small variations on a new crank, it is not worth worrying about these days for an un-machined, second hand crank with a few klm on it.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:34 AM, MAL T said:

Judging by the time you must be "having a few tinnies" by the water.........It looks from google earth an idealic place AND you can scare the "natives" with your "rapid metal" (sorry officer....didn't mean to wake you ! 😂).

Sadly, there's more than one misapprehension regarding my circumstances in your post. First up, I don't drink, so there's nothing to take the edge off. Second, my car is 2600km away, at home. If it wasn't for the Ctek charger the battery would be f**ked because I haven't driven it since early August.

Bunno is pretty, in the summer time. Which, sadly, is coming to a rapid end. It's hot today, but the mornings are getting darker and colder and ti won't be long before it is raining every day again.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, djr81 said:

You stuck at Albemarle?

Yes. Between the shitful nature of the place and the border closure, I have been receiving it dry and without protection for many months now.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:15 PM, djr81 said:

As distinct from a Bunghole Skyline of which there appears to be fewer and fewer, sadly.

Yeah, I only see that ratty black R33 regularly, and one or two others from time to time around here. At least there is plenty of old chrome bumper stuff paid for by exorbitant tradie/FIFO earnings dribbling around on the weekends.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, GTSBoy said:

Sadly, there's more than one misapprehension regarding my circumstances in your post. First up, I don't drink, so there's nothing to take the edge off. Second, my car is 2600km away, at home. If it wasn't for the Ctek charger the battery would be f**ked because I haven't driven it since early August.

Bunno is pretty, in the summer time. Which, sadly, is coming to a rapid end. It's hot today, but the mornings are getting darker and colder and ti won't be long before it is raining every day again.

Yes. Between the shitful nature of the place and the border closure, I have been receiving it dry and without protection for many months now.

Yeah, I only see that ratty black R33 regularly, and one or two others from time to time around here. At least there is plenty of old chrome bumper stuff paid for by exorbitant tradie/FIFO earnings dribbling around on the weekends.

Yeah the Skylines went and then it was all LS valvetrain upgrades and ECU flashes. Now it is all lift kits and DPF deletes. When I occasionally drive my old 32 I see people losing their sh!t at the sight of it.  Cant quite reconcile it still.