SAU Community

Rear View Mirror

doggido

Hello there,

I was cleaning the inside of my windscreen when I bumped the mirror. Didn't think much of it until I went to drive the car and the mirror started drooping.

Must of bumped it a bit to hard cause it had pulled the mirror out of its socket (which broke) on the bit that is glued to the screen, which means I' m having to buy a new complete unit.

Is the wires coming out the back of it to do with the key fob?

I had it disconnected and nothing would work when I used the fob.

Will I either have to change the mirror or reprogram the sender if that is the case?

That's what I thought.

At the moment the mirror is held up by a cable tie until I can get a new one.

A new mirror will cost $350 from Nissan which comes from OZ.

Disconnect your connection and then you will see what I mean.

Makes sense to me now.

I've had problems in the past with the distance of signal of the FOB when using a dash cam with front and rear cameras. Having the rear camera cable running to close to the mirror. Must have had bad shielding interfering with it.  

On 3/4/2022 at 4:36 PM, V35_Paul said:

Makes sense to me now.

I've had problems in the past with the distance of signal of the FOB when using a dash cam with front and rear cameras. Having the rear camera cable running to close to the mirror. Must have had bad shielding interfering with it.  

hmmm... this may explain another thing. I tried sticking my electronic toll pass out of sight, on the back of the mirror. It didn't beep. When I stuck it to the glass behind the mirror. It did beep. It was a single test of each, so it may have to do with the tolling system (some toll roads only toll you in one direction)

On 3/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, Vee37 said:

hmmm... this may explain another thing. I tried sticking my electronic toll pass out of sight, on the back of the mirror. It didn't beep. When I stuck it to the glass behind the mirror. It did beep. It was a single test of each, so it may have to do with the tolling system (some toll roads only toll you in one direction)

Most tags only work with the correct side facing outwards, if you mounted it on the back on the mirror, then then it would be facing the wrong way.
I learnt that the hard way by putting the tag on the dash of a hire car, if you leave it upside down, it doesn't work.