SAU Community

How long does it to enter a car on the Register of Approval Vehicles (RAV)?

newbie2022

Hi guys, I'm importing a JDM through an agent. According to the agent, the car has been assessed by a compliance workshop and all compliance documents have been prepared. He said he (or maybe the compliance workshop) submitted an application for the car to be entered on the RAV and it is the last step before I can get the vehicle registered. But he said due to covid, there is a backlog of applicants and this process can take months. A friend who's also in the importing business said something similar and it can take 3-8 months for the application to be approved. However, I contacted ROVER today and they said they normally only take 48 hours to be process an RAV application. This sounds too good to be true. I'm not sure if they understood me correctly so I emailed ROVER twice and was also on the phone with them twice. But they insisted that it doesn't take months for them approve RAV applications.

Do people know how long it usually takes for an RAV application to be processed and if it is affected by COVID?