SAU Community

SAU NSW - Nasho Breakfast Cruise - Sunday 27th March

sammi_d

***POSTPONED***
*Due to the weather, the Royal National Park has flooded in some parts, so we have postponed to 27th MARCH*

Howdy All!

Its finally back - we're heading south to our favourite cafe for an awesome brekkie! Yes, that's right... we're heading down to Austi Beach Cafe for a breakfast run through the Royal National Park!

Date: Sunday 27th March

Meet Location: Loftus Oval Carpark, Royal National Park, Sutherland

Meet Time: Meet at 7:00am for a 7:30am departure

Destination: Austi Beach Cafe, 104 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Austinmer

RSVP:
If you are planning to sit and have breakfast with us, please let us know, either by posting in the event, or by messaging us direct so we can confirm numbers with the venue.

We will meet at Loftus Oval Carpark which has plenty of room and is low car frendly.

This is a quick turn into the Royal National Park and some nice roads and scenery.

After Stanwell Tops we will turn off and head onto the awesome Sea Cliff Bridge.

Following this it is a short trip to Austi Beach Cafe.

There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost.

We will also be bringing along walkie talkies to keep the group together so if you have one please bring it along.

If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior!

This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days.

This is an official SAU:NSW event and will be run under a CAMS permit.

One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general.

When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to:
• Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly.
• Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should.
• Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly.
• Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

Thanks guys and hope to see you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Just turn up on the day abs you’ll be good to go 

On 16/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, soviet_merlin said:

Hi all,

I'd like to RSVP+1 for this one. Who should I get in touch with?

So far I have sent an email and messaged Sam. Haven't heard back yet though so just raising it here again.

Thanks,

David

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2022 at 8:56 AM, soviet_merlin said:

Hi all,

I'd like to RSVP+1 for this one. Who should I get in touch with?

So far I have sent an email and messaged Sam. Haven't heard back yet though so just raising it here again.

Thanks,

David

Hi David!

Apologies mate - Work has been stealing a lot of my attention lately! 😢

Thanks for letting us know! We'll do a final count of heads on the day for those joining us!

(You're actually the only person who's formally RSVP'd - much appreciated!)

Cheers!

Sam

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2022 at 3:38 PM, r32-25t said:

Just turn up on the day abs you’ll be good to go

Hah, okay. Thanks!

On 16/03/2022 at 3:40 PM, sammi_d said:

Apologies mate - Work has been stealing a lot of my attention lately! 😢

Thanks for letting us know! We'll do a final count of heads on the day for those joining us!

No worries at all! I didn't mean to put on pressure. I'm used to people requiring weeks of notice and I wasn't sure where to respond. So all good :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch, and with current rain that is falling (my friends house in 2173 is currently flooding for the first time ever) I would assume the weir will be flooding for a while yet

It isn't a big system, but all the water catchments are full and the ground is saturated 

On a positive note, there are waterfalls everywhere 

Should go for a drive up the blue mountains ⛰️ tomorrow .......nope, the Hawkesbury-Nepean makes me nervous when it is raining

• Sad 1

On 26/03/2022 at 3:05 PM, soviet_merlin said:

Is this still going ahead tomorrow?

Happy to head out for some breakfast but I'm wondering how accessible the national park is at the moment.

Looking at the Audley Weir webcam footage for example:

https://straya.io/webcams/audley-road/

That's a big nope currently

If you get a good rear entry into the turn just commit and slide out the other end. Just make sure you have good extended lock knuckles.

Yeah nah, I don't think it's going down anytime soon.

• Haha 1

This was a first for me. It was nice meeting some of the members! Hopefully next time the weather works out better and there'll be a chance for more people to come. And also a bit more driving.

If anyone is on the fence about joining or attending: Everyone is really nice and welcoming. It's also very much not exclusive to Skylines which is great. Jeep, Holden, Toyota, it was all covered and I wasn't expecting that. So overall much recommended.

I didn't take any photos because I'm an egg. But Jen took some.

IMG_9292.thumb.jpg.bb2d62cdbab30f97ef0cd8efd96ddedc.jpg

IMG_9287_HEIC.thumb.jpg.b17de8839eeab2230ed3bb5a70e3402d.jpg

IMG_9290.thumb.jpg.fb952ef807a87a3998cd87b3616508ac.jpg

IMG_9276.thumb.jpg.fc419e5c0982d49e945d9b9afe26d9d8.jpg

• Like 3

On 30/03/2022 at 10:08 PM, soviet_merlin said:

This was a first for me. It was nice meeting some of the members! Hopefully next time the weather works out better and there'll be a chance for more people to come. And also a bit more driving.

If anyone is on the fence about joining or attending: Everyone is really nice and welcoming. It's also very much not exclusive to Skylines which is great. Jeep, Holden, Toyota, it was all covered and I wasn't expecting that. So overall much recommended.

I didn't take any photos because I'm an egg. But Jen took some.

IMG_9292.thumb.jpg.bb2d62cdbab30f97ef0cd8efd96ddedc.jpg

IMG_9287_HEIC.thumb.jpg.b17de8839eeab2230ed3bb5a70e3402d.jpg

IMG_9290.thumb.jpg.fb952ef807a87a3998cd87b3616508ac.jpg

IMG_9276.thumb.jpg.fc419e5c0982d49e945d9b9afe26d9d8.jpg

Was great to see you out @soviet_merlin! Looking forward to seeing you out at the next event! 😁

• Like 1