SAU Community

2008 Nissan 370GT - Economy average working but history screen not

Vee37

As can be seen in the attached pictures, my current average economy is working in my computer, but when I go to the history, its blank.

The current average is working, the instantaneous vertical bar also works, but I was parked for the photo so it was not drawing anything

PXL_20220227_235652106.thumb.jpg.89587667000db2ac95ad110f533a354a.jpg

But when I click on "Fuel Econ [DISPLAY]" I get the following blanks.

PXL_20220227_235619911.thumb.jpg.25201ca795a3bd05554ff0cbb2e7dfb4.jpg

oooo.... it just dawned on me, maybe I didn't drive the car far enough to register even the first bar. Does anyone know the approx distance of each bar?

Also, can someone confirm that the two text labels at the bottom are not "click-able", but only there for display?

• Duncan changed the title to 2008 Nissan 370GT - Economy average working but history screen not

OK, my bad, its embarrassing, as it works exactly like it worked on my 350GT. A new bar will appear when you press the reset. My excuse is that on the hire car I was using recently, it was distance based.

explanation.thumb.png.dd454b9db61127b1cccbc790aa291d28.png

FYI: Its bad because I pressed reset in quick succession to gets a graph up and running, so economy was bad in heavy rain traffic

Glad you sorted it, because now I have a question :) (the Fuga has the same or similar)

Graphs are kind of crap for accuracy....do you know any way to get an actual number for average economy from either that page or the status? Both just show a bar with somewhere between 12 and 15klm per l in the Fuga which is not particularly accurate...

On the Q60 it has a similar graph but it has dates with it and each bar is a months average. I can't remember if it was the same on the V35 and V36.

Do guys think its a days average or a month? Or the last drive?

On 3/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, Duncan said:

Glad you sorted it, because now I have a question :) (the Fuga has the same or similar)

Graphs are kind of crap for accuracy....do you know any way to get an actual number for average economy from either that page or the status? Both just show a bar with somewhere between 12 and 15klm per l in the Fuga which is not particularly accurate...

Argggghhhh! lost my response due to firewall & web security / integrity checks by SAU!

Anyway, The drivers dash between the tach and speedo has a digital display. If I cycle through these on my 370GT, I can get a graph showing the instantaneous economy, OR I can get a digital numeric average to a single decimal point of my economy (eg 6.7l / 100Kms). Attached is a photo of the area I am speaking of, but I dont have photos of the actual two readout examples handy. The slightly confusing thing between the center computer and the dash readout, is that they each have their own independent reset points/methods.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, V35_Paul said:

On the Q60 it has a similar graph but it has dates with it and each bar is a months average. I can't remember if it was the same on the V35 and V36.

Do guys think its a days average or a month? Or the last drive?

On my previous 2003 350GT, it was the same as it is now in my 370GT. It creates a new bar in the history only when you reset the value, not by distance or time. I would reset it every time I filled up the tank. So, each bar in the history was the average I got for each tank of gas, because thats when I reset the value.

PXL_20220228_223956694.jpg

Edited by Vee37
  • Like 1