SAU Community

Twins vs single vs 2 x singles lol

On 20/03/2022 at 9:32 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Well they get big pro mods on boost, the car is being set up for drag racing, not street duties 

Yeah with methanol and big auto stalls to get 1000psi of boost and all that - this is crazy 2000whp+ stuff - I like👍

On 18/03/2022 at 6:19 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Yep, two of my turbos! Lol

Out of curiosity, what is the 6875 like ?

Just took my 32 for a drive and still think the 6466 is fckn mental, but have always wondered what a 6870 upwards turbo would be like realistically outside of drag use.

On 20/3/2022 at 11:02 PM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Well they get big pro mods on boost, the car is being set up for drag racing, not street duties 

I had a feeling it would be a drag car with a big converter and a lot of gas to get it into the converter 

On 18/03/2022 at 12:26 AM, Old man 32 GTR said:

As stated in title, when you’re hell bent on twins, but love singles, this is going in my mates car. Should make some serious numbers. 

725C7177-0985-4485-86EA-F01BEEDD4A80.jpeg

Haha that's actually pretty damn cool, I have to admit I was always a huge fan of the old Japanese drag cars running 3240s etc - they had an epic sound to them and looked choice under the bonnet and I'm sure this will look and sound unique, albeit I don't think twins are actually functionally that great a prospect on RBs and while I hope it works... especially with this turbo combo there's a good chance it may prove to be quite a headache trying to make it work as well as the 102+mm singles you're effectively trying to compete with here.

VERY keen to see how it goes, though!  Any more details on the engine spec?

• Like 1

On 21/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, Lithium said:

Haha that's actually pretty damn cool, I have to admit I was always a huge fan of the old Japanese drag cars running 3240s etc - they had an epic sound to them and looked choice under the bonnet and I'm sure this will look and sound unique, albeit I don't think twins are actually functionally that great a prospect on RBs and while I hope it works... especially with this turbo combo there's a good chance it may prove to be quite a headache trying to make it work as well as the 102+mm singles you're effectively trying to compete with here.

VERY keen to see how it goes, though!  Any more details on the engine spec?

CRD built 3.2, wide journal drag spec bottom end with CRD race port head combo, not sure of the exact specifics, will be running auto and NOS. 
I like that it’s something different, sure he could have run a pro mod like all the others (in that league) but you don’t learn if you don’t try. 
Car looks mint and is coming together really well. 

On 21/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, BK said:

Out of curiosity, what is the 6875 like ?

Just took my 32 for a drive and still think the 6466 is fckn mental, but have always wondered what a 6870 upwards turbo would be like realistically outside of drag use.

I don’t know, car is still in pieces, will update my build thread soon as I will be pushing forward and try to get it back on its wheels in the next couple of months. 
the 68/70 on the 3L was awesome, but I honestly couldn’t really feel the difference between it and a 2.6 with a 64/66 (a mates car). But at roll racing I had an edge on him in acceleration. And that was when I was lifting the head and running 28psi vs the 64/66 running 32psi. 
The new 68/75 I bought will be going on my new 2.7 motor so will no doubt be vastly different. I’ll let you know when it’s finally together. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kind of related to the topic. There is a twin trust T67 kit up for sale for 6k includes turbos, manifold, waste gate, down pipes, oil/water lines, twin entry trust drag intercooler and pipes from turbos to intercooler. They have been rebuilt and are in good nick. I am really keen to get rid of my 7685 kit and get that. I remember hearing and seeing that kit on Kier Wilson’s R32 when he ran 8s. These things look amazing and sound insane. They would spool ok to on a 3.2 with a sequential on e85. Looking specs, they flow up to 750hp each. 

9EB4A272-F9E6-4485-BD0D-3F8B75A6B66F.png

A8E585E3-E2B1-43E1-86D7-89BD669D5468.png

25492306-66E3-41D8-BDE9-921FF5709AEF.png

Edited by khezz

What are you hoping to achieve by going to a setup from 1912?

what’s wrong with your setup at the moment? What are you trying to achieve by changing everything?

Seems like a pretty backwards move with turbos with overgrown heavy wheels, journal nugget bearings and just general shitness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/04/2022 at 4:36 PM, Piggaz said:

What are you hoping to achieve by going to a setup from 1912?

what’s wrong with your setup at the moment? What are you trying to achieve by changing everything?

Seems like a pretty backwards move with turbos with overgrown heavy wheels, journal nugget bearings and just general shitness.

Remember this car has never been run with the combo mentioned.

This is funny - Looking at moving to a Trust twin high mount setup from a 7685 that has never been installed 😄

At least try the Precision first. Not happy ? Maybe move down to the Gen2 7275 / 7675 or something than this Trust twin idea.

Always wanted to stay twin. It was the early 2000s GTRs that got me hooked. Kiers r32, GTR700, HKS R33, all the big twin monsters.  Call it a tribute if you will. Plus these twins have been rebuilt with billet wheels and new cartridges. So I’m not really moving back that far. Every high powered gtr is exactly the same these days. Yes, because it works. But there is nothing wrong with being a little unique. It would be much cheaper and less painful to do it now while everything is still in pieces and my parts are brand new.