SAU Community

Twins vs single vs 2 x singles lol

On 09/05/2022 at 12:06 AM, khezz said:

Well the T67s have fallen over. Shame. I am however exploring another idea of. Twin 700hp high mount kit. This time going all modern. Roller bearing, billet wheels. Looking at staying around .65 rear housing. Do I go twin T51 mod?  

any suggestions are welcome.

What is your actual power target? Choosing an exhaust housing a/r without any consideration for the rest is odd, you could end up making an unnecessary compromise unless there is a tangible reason for deciding on the a/r before you have even decided what turbos you are using?

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:17 AM, Lithium said:

What is your actual power target? Choosing an exhaust housing a/r without any consideration for the rest is odd, you could end up making an unnecessary compromise unless there is a tangible reason for deciding on the a/r before you have even decided what turbos you are using?

Enough power to get me well into the 8s. 1100-1200hp at the wheels range. I’m looking at a combined a/r that’s slight bigger then my 7685 is (1.12)

On 09/05/2022 at 12:23 PM, khezz said:

Enough power to get me well into the 8s. 1100-1200hp at the wheels range. 

On what kind of dyno?  Hubber? Dyno Dynamics?  Dynojet?

On 09/05/2022 at 12:23 PM, khezz said:

I’m looking at a combined a/r that’s slight bigger then my 7685 is (1.12)

A/r doesn't work like that.  

At this stage I'm assuming you're looking for 60-70lb/min per turbo which would roughly match up with a 7685. Will have a ponder

Edited by Lithium

Haha.   Not the most serious suggestion by a long shot, but felt like it'd be an amusing one to throw in the mix because you were seriously considering twin T67s.

I'd call this about the equivalent to a T67 while being a little bit more modern.  Similar wheel sizes, similarish frame, similar lag, look pretty cool, have T51R mod as an option, and they are pretty much the only turbo in the territory of what you're looking for with published compressor maps that will actually retain compressor efficiency at >40psi and capable of making a fair bit more power:

https://agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s257-sx-e-57-61-12769095003/

You'd go the .83 vband hotside (well, I'm *assuming* that it would be the most space compatible).  I know you want .6x but you're looking for max flow and the Borg turbines like a decent a/r, having a quick play with matchbot suggests that at 40+psi you're going to be pushing even the .8x hotside.

e76s75.jpg

Edited by Lithium

On 12/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, Beef Curtains said:

LOL at this thread

I guess the local crack dealer sold all his rock and it ended up in here. The blind leading the blind.

No wonder piggaz took the piss........

Care to elaborate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...