SAU Community

RB/CD009 - Adapter Questions

Good evening Gents, 

In 2022, which RB/CD009 shifter relocation kit comes most recommended? Do any of the shifter relocations actually manage to get the shifter back within the shifter tunnel without cutting? GK seems to require cutting, how about the new Serialnine CD999?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am running a cd009 behind my rb25det in a r33 gts25t. 

Serial nine shifter lines up almost perfectly in the factory hole. As far as driverability goes the 4.11 stock rear diff ratio is a bit too short, maybe 3.7s would be more suitable (on order). 

Other than that the cd box seems to chatter a lot more, maybe because i deleted the dual mass flywheel. 

A recent realization of mine is that depending on whether you mill 15mm off the bellhousing or go with a thicker flywheel to adapt for the CD trans, the latter probably is the cause of having to notch out the trans tunnel hole. 

No idea why I never made the connection before but here we are. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2022 at 6:37 AM, Blakeo said:

I am running a cd009 behind my rb25det in a r33 gts25t. 

Serial nine shifter lines up almost perfectly in the factory hole. As far as driverability goes the 4.11 stock rear diff ratio is a bit too short, maybe 3.7s would be more suitable (on order). 

Other than that the cd box seems to chatter a lot more, maybe because i deleted the dual mass flywheel. 

How is that 3.7 treating you? 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, TurboTapin said:

A recent realization of mine is that depending on whether you mill 15mm off the bellhousing or go with a thicker flywheel to adapt for the CD trans, the latter probably is the cause of having to notch out the trans tunnel hole. 

No idea why I never made the connection before but here we are. 

You're probably better off going with something like the Jim Wolfe adaptor where you cut off the whole bell & use a bell off an auto, seems to work well

On 7/6/2022 at 9:45 PM, WMDC35 said:

You're probably better off going with something like the Jim Wolfe adaptor where you cut off the whole bell & use a bell off an auto, seems to work well

You can only use the JWT adapter with their flywheel. As I'm running a twin disc, I'm avoiding this by milling my bell housing down. Cheers.