SAU Community

Haltech R32 Plug&Play Adaptor wiring diagram

TurboTapin

Need a hand. I was about to start redoing my stock wiring harness for my elite 2500/P&P adaptor and can't seem to find a wiring diagram that shows what pin on the elite is connected to what pin on the stock ecu harness with the adaptor. 

The Haltech adaptor wiring diagram only shows from the elite connector to connector going into ecu adaptor and not on stock ecu connector which in my opinion is useless. I know I can just presume what pin it is on based on the descriptions or test them one by one but this wiring diagram must surely already exist? 

Thanks 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-151357-elite-2500-nissan-skyline-r32-33-r34-gt-r/# and download the quickstart

then use this to work out what you need, nicely colour coded too:

Nissan_R32_R33_R34_GTR_RB26DETT_Pinout_R

Thanks a lot! That's a lot more complete then what I found. Cheers. 

On 4/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, GTSBoy said:

I struggle to see your problem. The stock ECU pinout diagram exists. Simply hold it up next to the Haltech one and ... presto?

Nissan R32-R34 ecu pinout's don't show all pin connections with the elite 2500. One example of this is Pin 113 which is usually a "N/C" but is connected to Pin B17 on Elite 2500. Pin B17 is surprisingly not even mentioned in the Haltech adaptor manual.

That makes for a spare DPO or ignition driver that I can use pinning directly into the stock ecu connector. It also doesn't show which grounds are jumped within the adaptor, etc. 

Cheers. 

Edited by TurboTapin

That's correct, there are a few pins that are not used from the Haltech that are randomly pinned into the plug/play adaptor and there are some pins that supposedly should be in series from one plug to other is actually non existent lol..

I just depinned them and connected it straight onto my own harness (Haltech -> own harness) - less mucking about.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

That's correct, there are a few pins that are not used from the Haltech that are randomly pinned into the plug/play adaptor and there are some pins that supposedly should be in series from one plug to other is actually non existent lol..

I just depinned them and connected it straight onto my own harness (Haltech -> own harness) - less mucking about.

I just wrapped up buzzing each pin and wow I see what you mean. I was rather surprised by a few oddities found. I'll toss it all into an excel and post it here at some point this week. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I suppose the two best options are (in cost order):

1. Pin the Haltech Elite direct to your OEM harness, i.e. delete the plug & play adaptor & OEM connector
  2. New harness, mil-spec dis dat, IG fame.

I'm sticking with the P&P harness but I agree with option #1. I have a feeling most unconnected wires can be solved with an undocumented jumper setup within the adaptor. I'll report back once confirmed.

• Like 1