SAU Community

New Forum User up in the States, long time Nissan fan and SAU reader

Wagon Drifter

Figured I might as well make an account here after owning two 91 Skylines and now a 97 Stagea, even though I'm from another hemisphere.  Nice to finally meet you all!

In 2017, I purchased a drift setup RWD R32 four door (still have it), in 2019 I got a mint mostly stock 91 GTSt Type M coupe (sold now though), and I just got one of the first few legal Stagea's in the states, a 97 RS Four V.

Cheers, y'all!

I wish I got more drifting done, but only ever did it during Autocrosses, where it was slightly frowned upon, heh.

The Stagea is absolutely a luxury version of the Skyline, in my opinion.  It may have to do with the fact the Stagea is a bit newer, but it is more comfortable to daily for sure.  Mine is [currently] an automatic where as my R32's are both 5-speed.  I'm going to Autocross the Stagea this weekend, so we'll see how much heavier it feels than the Skylines, but to me it feels good and tight, but comfortable, just like my GTSt did.

I've probably driven WC34's more than any other car in racing games, and it shows in how it handles on the road, that it is exactly what I expected.  I had the same feeling when I first drove the GTSt.  Familiar territory, like I had been driving it all my life, even though it is my first week with one.

I have some modest short term goals for it (manual swap, haltech, newer tires), but my long term goals for the car are super sleeper wagon.

One big difference here in the States, is that my kei cars and Skylines got lots of attention.  The Stagea is very stealth and I love it.  No one looks twice at it unless they notice that the steering wheel is on the right.  Mine is an RS Four V, but no Dayz kit, so looks like any '90s soccer mom wagon.

• Like 2

Welcome!

Got to love how easily stageas blend in. If you know the car, they pop out straight away though.

Also, do own any non jap cars?

We love all things automotive here, so post up some pics!(everyone loves pics).