SAU Community

Poor Fuel Economy on RB25DE

On 12/05/2022 at 9:51 AM, TurboTapin said:

I order a fair amount of parts from Japan(Amayama) and it takes roughly 2-3 days to arrive in Quebec snail mail. 1 day if you pay extra.  If you're in Australia which is much closer, should take half that. 

As a long time customer, Amayama is pure shit at the moment for Australia. At least a 3-4 month wait if you are ordering multiple parts. Amayama have an office in Australia (Sydney), UAE and Japan and not all parts are stocked in Japan - some are US, some UAE. For Australia they don't specifically order and ship your parts to you from supply point either - they bulk order to Australia warehouse to keep shipping down which is why their supply to us sucks and takes ages. Having a local office here is actually a disadvantage because of this now - called the Sydney office yesterday as I have an order of nearly 4 months getting held up by still awaiting one part !

At least if you order genuine stuff from RHD, Nengun or JP car parts they exclusively source your parts within Japan and send direct to you from Japan.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, BK said:

As a long time customer, Amayama is pure shit at the moment for Australia. At least a 3-4 month wait if you are ordering multiple parts. Amayama have an office in Australia (Sydney), UAE and Japan and not all parts are stocked in Japan - some are US, some UAE. For Australia they don't specifically order and ship your parts to you from supply point either - they bulk order to Australia warehouse to keep shipping down which is why their supply to us sucks and takes ages. Having a local office here is actually a disadvantage because of this now - called the Sydney office yesterday as I have an order of nearly 4 months getting held up by still awaiting one part !

At least if you order genuine stuff from RHD, Nengun or JP car parts they exclusively source your parts within Japan and send direct to you from Japan.

Amayama prices have been completely nuts for a while now. Almost anything if I can help it I order either through a local dealer if the part number is listed in the US parts catalog or from US-based dealers that will import/stock JP-only part numbers on a special order basis. They only use surface mail though so if they don't have something in stock it will be 3-4 months.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, BK said:

Damn 4 months is ridiculous. and I thought my 10 week wait in february took a long time.

I've noticed the only advantage with using Amayama is with large oversized items which would be costly using international shipping.

On 12/05/2022 at 7:54 PM, Nostalgia said:

I've noticed the only advantage with using Amayama is with large oversized items which would be costly using international shipping.

That's not even true either. I went to purchase a second set / pair of 32 outer sills which are over a metre long. This was going to be about $1250 -$1300 for them - and shipping with TNT / FedEX on top was going to be over $1400 !

When I got a set through RHDjapan it was about $550 with DHL...

You want fast oem, Ive gone back to these guys in Kyoto this year who I used to use years ago over Amayama - can't beat them for speed on oem parts but RHD is close. Both 100% reliable.

https://jp-carparts.com/

Interestingly enough Amayama ears must of been burning as my last part is here this arvo and will ship entire order tomorrow from Sydney.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:37 PM, BK said:

That's not even true either. I went to purchase a second set / pair of 32 outer sills which are over a metre long. This was going to be about $1250 -$1300 for them - and shipping with TNT / FedEX was going to be over $1400 !

When I got a set through RHDjapan it was about $550...

You want fast oem, Ive gone back to these guys in Kyoto this year who I used to use years ago over Amayama - can't beat them for speed on oem parts but RHD is close. Both 100% reliable.

https://jp-carparts.com/

I suspect it's because you're in NT. local buyers in sydney can just choose pickup.

yeah RHD price is consistent. they offer consolidation free of charge and don't overcharge on shipping.

@BK @TurboTapinWas having similar frustrations with Amayama. I tried to order a while ago, but they quoted me $1500 to ship to Canada, and there was a 3.5 month lead time -_-

@GTSBoy @Dose Pipe Sutututu I fixed up the rubber boot, but still seeing the timing go way back to 5* on warm up. I hooked up my smoke machine again and I see it's still lightly leaking from that area. I may try some heat shielding tape to really seal off that area for now just to see if that makes any different.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, _scott said:

@BK @TurboTapinWas having similar frustrations with Amayama. I tried to order a while ago, but they quoted me $1500 to ship to Canada, and there was a 3.5 month lead time -_-

@GTSBoy @Dose Pipe Sutututu I fixed up the rubber boot, but still seeing the timing go way back to 5* on warm up. I hooked up my smoke machine again and I see it's still lightly leaking from that area. I may try some heat shielding tape to really seal off that area for now just to see if that makes any different.

If you're in Canada just go to your local Nissan dealer for parts. We're one of the few country's that seems to still be able to order JDM parts through dealer. Cheaper as well as there's no middle man. 

I get small things that are cheap to ship from Amayama when I'm too lazy to drive over to the dealers.

Cheers. 

Edited by TurboTapin

On 14/05/2022 at 8:51 AM, _scott said:

@Dose Pipe Sutututu I assume you mean by adjusting the idle screw?

Correct, try unplug the idle plugs, unplug the TPS and adjust the idle screw till it idles just a tad under the target RPM.

At the same time, you might as well check your base timing and also set your TPS.

(All the above is complete waste of time on an aftermarket ECU as you can offset the lot, except when there's too much air allowed through the IACV).

Yesterday I adjusted my base idle and set my TPS. Im still getting 5* ignition timing on warm up.

A few things I did notice yesterday tho was, when I put my key to On, my IACV starts buzzing. I cleaned it again and also captured a video of what its doing when it gets power. Is this normal for these things to buzz?

I also took some logs of my car while idling, I noticed occasionally in the software that all the guages would just end up going to 0 for a few milliseconds, and then return back to normal. Does this mean a short somewhere? Or is it likely that its just a software bug. First time I've ever seen this and I've used datascan quite a bit.

capture_002.PNG

Ignition timing during engine warm-up is going to be a bit of a mess. The NEO IACV has two parts. One is the solenoid valve which is almost certainly never going to fail. The other is a coolant temperature controlled thermostat that meters more air when coolant temps are low but closes up as the coolant temps go up. This is the part that I'm worried about leaking excess air assuming you don't have any other vacuum leaks. If it doesn't close up properly the idle target will drop because the ECU sees coolant temp has reached a reasonable target but the actual thermostat isn't closing up properly and that's causing it to have to yank the timing out to get there. Maybe with hot enough coolant it finally closes up enough to have sane timing values but still low side of what you should be seeing.

Also, if you see the ECU connection dropping out I would make sure your USB connection is good first and foremost. I've had a lot of issues like that due to a bad USB cable. Also verify the consult port is connected properly and there's no weirdness like loose pins or other damage to the connector. Then maybe check the ECU capacitors?

Edited by joshuaho96

Ahh, didnt think it may be a connection issue with the laptop, but that's probably right. I'll double check the connection next time.

Is there any way to figure out if the coolant thermostat on the iacv is working correctly?

On 5/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, _scott said:

Ahh, didnt think it may be a connection issue with the laptop, but that's probably right. I'll double check the connection next time.

Is there any way to figure out if the coolant thermostat on the iacv is working correctly?

1843510535_ScreenShot2022-05-15at11_12_46PM.thumb.png.fcc332c7a93c53a6fd7a8ccb0287a9f3.png

I don't know why but there is no mention of how to test the cold start valve on the AAC assembly. I would only look closer at the cold start portion if you have normal ignition timing once the car is warmed up but you see less timing when the engine is cold.