SAU Community

Abs or non? Wgnc34

SLIXK

Not a lot of information in that question. Can't see how any manifold on the car affects ABS, even a high mount exhaust manifold is miles away from it.

Anyway, ABS is a rectangular box at the rear right of the engine bay with a series of brake lines in and out. If you don't know what it looks like, a pic of your engine bay would help. I've never heard of a Stagea without ABS

On 5/13/2022 at 10:53 AM, Duncan said:

Not a lot of information in that question. Can't see how any manifold on the car affects ABS, even a high mount exhaust manifold is miles away from it.

Anyway, ABS is a rectangular box at the rear right of the engine bay with a series of brake lines in and out. If you don't know what it looks like, a pic of your engine bay would help. I've never heard of a Stagea without ABS

Don’t got the car atm, can take pix when I grab. Maybe r32/r33 have fouling ABS location? 

I added a photo of the manifold heading if that helps.

07C8A830-F5B9-49D4-A87E-BF399939860F.jpeg

This is the high mount exhaust manifold in my Stagea. The ABS is behind the heatshielding in the top right.stagea_birthday3.jpg

I have absolutely no idea how any high mount manifold could ever foul the ABS, but regardless choosing the ABS version would be both most likely correct , and least likely to have any fouling issue. If you can't get a pic of your engine bay and in doubt, ask them if the ABS version would be a problem in a non-ABS car (and why)

On 5/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, Duncan said:

This is the high mount exhaust manifold in my Stagea. The ABS is behind the heatshielding in the top right.stagea_birthday3.jpg

I have absolutely no idea how any high mount manifold could ever foul the ABS, but regardless choosing the ABS version would be both most likely correct , and least likely to have any fouling issue. If you can't get a pic of your engine bay and in doubt, ask them if the ABS version would be a problem in a non-ABS car (and why)

here’s a pic 
2B758C7E-2917-45FA-96A1-389B08C84060.thumb.jpeg.45a14ba183c8887ad44ac45ef353fe48.jpeg

On 5/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, Duncan said:

well, I can see"...a rectangular box at the rear right of the engine bay with a series of brake lines in and out...."

so ABS it is

Did you relocated your power steering tank or does it fit without relocation.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, SLIXK said:

Did you relocated your power steering tank or does it fit without relocation.

Well, clearly, in Duncan's photo.....there is no PS reservoir in the stock location. There's a bloody huge turbo there instead!

On 5/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, Duncan said:

Yes, but to be fair it didn't move far, you can see the cap of the reservoir in that pic too.

Lmao I love the attitude on this forum. If you any of ya wanna scrap let’s go…

On 5/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, Duncan said:

Yes, but to be fair it didn't move far, you can see the cap of the reservoir in that pic too.

Btw, what a/r on that turbo, and is ur engine stock internals?