SAU Community

dry sump questionS (BNR34)

Hi,

For my next build, I would like to go to dry sump but I have a few questions :

A. I would like to keep the AC, so it looks like it's possible to mount the oil pump below the alternator.

B.1. I would love to find room for the oil tank in the engine bay (by removing/reallocating the fuse box) however I'm afraid of the efficiency of the oil tank as it will not be a bottle design ?

2. or in the driver side front bumper, but same as above + quite annoying when refilling oil or even checking oil level...I only saw some R35 with this location (no R32-R34)

Conclusion it looks like the best area is the trunk or the rear seats which is quite annoying for a "street" car

C. How can I know how many oil liters the engine needs per RPM ? I'm looking into the selection of the correct pressure of my oil pump but I don't know how to do it ?

D. Goal is 600-700WHP, street and track days (no drag or launch control to save the transmissions) and since my front trans already broke (due to incorrect ratio => previous owner). I know what's involved if it brakes again

D.1. Considering my application and power level, do you think I should go with a kiwi oil pan (with separate front diff case) ? or it's not likely it will brake and I'm better putting the money somewhere else. "Money is not the issue". The question is does it worth it ?

Thanks for your advices !

Hi octane do a kit that puts the pump under the alternator but you can’t use an ls1 style alternator with it

you can put the tank in the bay it just requires cutting a hole in the inner guard for it to fit through 

• Like 1

Tank needs to be as high as you can get it, so that you get solid gravity feed to the pressure pump. So, down low in the front guards is not a great idea. Also bad for weight distribution. Up in the rear of the engine bay is better, where the ABS shit lives.

Thanks for your answers guys !

@r32-25t do you have any pictures of such installation ?

Yes I saw the kit, I'm going with a R35 GTR alternator with a custom bracket, I think it will be okay

Yes it's not recommended to put the tank below the pump so I will not considered this option

I need to keep the ABS location free if I need to put it back for autorities...

I'm still looking for answers to questions C, D1 (and D) 😛

Edited by bigboss59400