SAU Community

R33 gtst big brake upgrade

I found this Endless Braking kit for R33GTR but doesn’t show as fitting for a GTST. 
Wondering if there is a difference in mounting and what I would need to modify to fit, if anything. 
And if anybody has done similar 6pot or relative size brakes on gtst and what was needed to make that happen. 

bonus: If you also know the offset needed to run these with BBS LM’s(18x10 rear and 18x8 front) 

CECABC81-6CF8-4295-86B2-10B0BD45D82E.jpeg

On 6/2/2022 at 9:15 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If it bolts up to a R33 GT-R, it will bolt up to a GTS-t.

You'll need to trim the lip on the rear dust shields all round, some people bend it back. I found it's much easier to flap disc it off, then hit it with some black paint.

Okay great! That’s what I thought! 

I saw that the ‘03 350Z brembo are the same size as the GTR brembos also, difference being you just have to drill from 12M to 14M for the brackets but I think that’s a pretty easy mod considering and would be worth it for this as well if need be. 

do you happen to know the dimensions of GTR brembo, cause if the endless are within a few mm of those I won’t have to worry quite so hard about the wheel offsets being an issue. 

On 03/06/2022 at 12:23 PM, Lawlessdarkness said:

Okay great! That’s what I thought! 

I saw that the ‘03 350Z brembo are the same size as the GTR brembos also, difference being you just have to drill from 12M to 14M for the brackets but I think that’s a pretty easy mod considering and would be worth it for this as well if need be. 

do you happen to know the dimensions of GTR brembo, cause if the endless are within a few mm of those I won’t have to worry quite so hard about the wheel offsets being an issue. 

Yes they are, however you need to also run the 350Z disc (albeit the same thickness and diameter) as the hat offset is different to the GT-R rotor.

And in terms of caliper dimensions, no idea :D 

I know that stock R33 GT-R wheels fit over a GTS-t with 350Z Brembo calipers.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Yes they are, however you need to also run the 350Z disc (albeit the same thickness and diameter) as the hat offset is different to the GT-R rotor.

And in terms of caliper dimensions, no idea :D 

I know that stock R33 GT-R wheels fit over a GTS-t with 350Z Brembo calipers.

Awesome thank you! 

On 6/3/2022 at 3:54 AM, niZmO_Man said:

You need to know/figure out the caliper clearance of those BBS wheels, as in the space behind the spokes. Offset doesn't really matter. That screenshot looks like it's from Nengun heh.

Ahhh right right (I’m obviously not a wheel guy)… so yeah I wasn’t thinking about that… so like the curvature of the actual spoked area on the hub is what I need to clear, and the distance from the rear side of the wheel hub, to the hub’s mounting plate area that goes against the brake rotor is going to be the distance needed to clear. Am I correct in that? 
and as far as distance from inner wheel diameter, I’ve seen 18” wheels with endless brakes so that circumference should clear just fine depending on the rotor size to accompany. 

okay so let’s say the back of the bbs to the rotor is shallow by 5mm or something, could I just get a hub-centric spacer of like 8-10mm to make up the difference and it will work?  

sorry for the noob-ness ^_^

my first skyline, and my Supra and other cars in the past the wheel guy just gave me what I needed and I didn’t have any special brake situations or anything to worry about 

On 6/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, Lawlessdarkness said:

okay so let’s say the back of the bbs to the rotor is shallow by 5mm or something, could I just get a hub-centric spacer of like 8-10mm to make up the difference and it will work?

Yes. If there was a 5mm interference you would need to space thee wheel out by that 5mm plus as many extra mm as you feel comfortable. I'd not really want to run <5mm clearance, because even though all that stuff looks stiff, there is some deflection. If you only leave a 2mm gap, you might learn how much deflection is possible.

Not sure about this kit but I know other brake kits have had a template that you were able to print out to check it against your wheels to see if you have the correct clearance 

18” wheels will clear a lot of brakes but offset and spoke design also play a huge part