SAU Community

350gt Skyline / v35 Modifications?

Callan13

Hi guys, bought a 350gt skyline 2004 a few months ago and wanting to make modifications to it, but I'm brand new and know absolutely nothing when it comes modding cars / making upgrades. If anyone has any tips, that would really be appreciated. 

Things I want to do but don't know how:

- Make the exhaust crackle / louder
- Back window lip
- Rear diffuser for a 350gt

Any other suggestions, I would love.

Yeah, making sure everything basic has been replaced, so we've put a bit of money into making sure that's all good, so now it's just wanting to make it sound a bit better and look better, but I'm not sure about buying parts or where to look if that makes sense.

Well, any exhaust shop can make you a (better**) exhaust. I grew up in an era where there were no off-the-shelf exhaust systems for anything, so I simply don't see the allure in buying a brand name Jap exhaust.

** Better is a debatable term. On one of these cars, an exhaust will make you exactly 3/5ths of f**k all extra power, and on a VQ just makes that horrible V6 noise.

As to a lip and a diffuser........well, the lip might do a little something something, above 180 km/h. The diffuser will do precisely f**k all. So.....what's the point?

Well, on sound better I'd put a slightly larger exhaust on and a pod intake (with a shield from the engine bay). Will go approx 1% better but sound much better.

Looks are pretty subjective....many people start with wheels