SAU Community

Rb30dett garret 25-550

Nobodygotty

I’m look to run a set of the new garret g25-550s on my rb26/30. Aiming for a vicious 30dett
Will have to find the cam card but from memory. the head has a set of kelford cams 10.8mm lift and 280 degree duration  

the block is forged and balanced 

engine is going into a street GTR

Yes I could go single but just want something different 

What you all think will the 3l have enough puff 

aiming for 700+ 

Assuming HP at the wheels, then you might struggle to make it. I don't have any direct experience on this sort of setup, but just looking at the compressor map, and thinking of a single one of these on a 1.5L engine needing a lot of boost to make 475-500 engine HP, then there's a bit of a conflict between the likely 2+ bar of boost required to make that sort of power and the need for the compressor to be flowing 45-50 lbs/min of air. You'll be right over on the RHS of the map, over near the choke region, pulling middling efficiency and running close to max shaft speed.

But, if I had to guess, I'd say it would be a ripper and do pretty much what you're asking for.

Hi there thanks for the above. 
what attracted me to the 550’s is the new technology but to be honest I wouldn’t have a clue possibly there’s better suited turbs  

dyno Will be hub type in NZ lol

my friend is running /5’s on a rb26 on pump gas making 430kw (hub dyno) - so with my situation 3l block and slightly bigger turbs on E85 we should be able to hit 500kw mark with out to much effort  

I recon the correct comb is out there there’s no info around as everyone goes single 

So do you think I’ll need 30lb plus boost to hit target? is it possible to change rear housing. 

(ripper) yea bro I’m excited 

CA8E6619-7F80-412E-B1A3-00920A7A5905.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Look at the motive GR Yaris build. I think 700 at wheels will be easy. If you can make 400 at wheels on 98 and 500 at wheels on e85 from a 1.6L 3cyl. I was thinking about a similar setup with my build. But G series were very new back then and there was almost no data on them. There is an R34 time attack gtr that runs twin G25s. There is a very good YouTube video about it. Good luck. Would love to see how you get on