SAU Community

Identifying Nismo GTS-25T?

On 15/06/2022 at 6:31 PM, GTSBoy said:

Oh no. That R34 wing is dreadful. Looks like it belongs on a Honda. The whole back of the kit is bad actually. Only the front is OK.

I belong to the "R33s are boats that look like a Maxima aggressively rear ended a Magna" camp. The profile of the car is poor. The length between the back edge of the door and the rear wheel arch is just too long on a 33. The front is bland in a Magnaesque way and the rear is just f**ked up.

The R32 maintains the correct proportions from the cars that created the look (ie, the early Mustangs, and to an extent the earliest Skylines) that sort of survived in the 70s Skylines but definitely was solidly in the design language of the 80s Skylines. The R32s only blemish is really the front end of the bonnet. But that can be changed.

The R34 brought back the correct profile and proportions. It was actually confrontingly square when it first came out, but that soon passed. The only blemish is the slightly incorrect taillights, but they are much better than the very wrong lights on the 33 (and the lower end and Aussie built 31s). Equal sized stoveplate rear lights are a requirement for a proper Skyline.

You have to slap a lot of tupperware onto a 33 to mask all the problems.

I still disagree, I consider the R33 the most unique and beautiful, the underrated black sheep, and I love my GTS-25T. I respect your opinion, though. 

I owned a 33, wished I got a 32, but think the 34 was the best looking

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 

Disclaimer: I like the look of my VX SS Commodore 🤯

On 15/06/2022 at 9:30 PM, Duncan said:

(apologies in advance, pretty sure this pic predates camera phones)

Demonstration that a wing can't be too large on an R33 GTST....2Fast2Furious drive-in SAU night

Rear Wing and Type R Badge.jpg

pretty sure you could stick a 70hp outboard to that!

On 6/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, RBBoy said:

Yeah, seems the whole Nismo thing was just a kit. Not too disappointed, still my dream car either way, and the gauge cluster is sweet. I have fallen in love with the idea of a GTS-25T Type M Nismo though, so I might pursue a Nismo-inspired build! Chassis no. is ECR33-017724 if anyone was curious. 

20220614_171045.jpg

20220614_171047.jpg

4b25b06928432efb25162a9ac44c4146.jpg

Is that your car? cause it looks beautiful. these factory red nismo kitted cars are rare. even back in days most were either white, silver or black.

The nismo mesh grille periodically pops up on yahoo auctions. but the "r32" style is almost impossible to find. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nostalgia said:

Is that your car? cause it looks beautiful. these factory red nismo kitted cars are rare. even back in days most were either white, silver or black.

The nismo mesh grille periodically pops up on yahoo auctions. but the "r32" style is almost impossible to find. 

I WISH it was mine. My poor girl is in far rougher shape. Factory paint, KH3 Super Black. She might be rough at the moment, but I'm glad I saved her from the wreckers. I'm in a fortunate position to have easy access to factory and aftermarket parts though, so she'll be back to her former glory soon enough!

20210822_132714.jpg