SAU Community

Most Suitable r34 model for a GT-R Conversion

On 6/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, LeoM said:

Looks clean but for that price you can prb get a gt25 throw an rb26 and fabricate the chassis for awd lol

No you couldn’t with todays stupid skyline market. People want 30k for half a broken car full of rust 

I think you grossly underestimate  how much people charge for good fab work

• Like 2

On 19/6/2022 at 5:29 PM, niZmO_Man said:

straight 6 turbo, rear wheel drive, manual.

win win?

You’d thing so, then you remember it’ll break down more often then your almost 30yr old skyline 

• Haha 3

On 6/19/2022 at 10:54 PM, r32-25t said:

You’d thing so, then you remember it’ll break down more often then your almost 30yr old skyline 

F80s are pretty reliable in stock form, they only start breaking weird parts once you start pushing the power past 500 crank hp.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:26 AM, joshuaho96 said:

F80s are pretty reliable in stock form, they only start breaking weird parts once you start pushing the power past 500 crank hp.

I wonder how reliable a RB25, RB26 or SR20 is in stock form. I would wager it might last centuries.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, Kinkstaah said:

I wonder how reliable a RB25, RB26 or SR20 is in stock form. I would wager it might last centuries.

As far as I could tell at 280,000 km the RB26 I got was fine except for all the leaks. To BMW's credit though an F80 M3 will survive a track day on modern track rubber without breathing a quart per lap through the PCV and possibly ventilating the block, an RB probably won't in stock form.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, joshuaho96 said:

As far as I could tell at 280,000 km the RB26 I got was fine except for all the leaks. To BMW's credit though an F80 M3 will survive a track day on modern track rubber without breathing a quart per lap through the PCV and possibly ventilating the block, an RB probably won't in stock form.

Just did a round of time attack at Lakeside, unopened RB25 making about 350KW on E85, at the end of the day I cracked the drain on the catch can and not a drop came out :)

• 6 months later...

Currently done this project converted to rb25det, in gt four. Really easy.

now in the process of converting the other gt4 into rb26 what s headache 😂

actually stuck on wiring as it is from 260rs stagea the loom and ecu

Both were r34 2.5 na manual coupe

I’m contemplating a similar conversion, in my build of the GTR I have been left with an enormous array of spare parts, was initially just going to sell everything once the car is finished but am now considering getting my hands on an R32 GTS-4 and having a go putting it together with my son, I’ve seen a couple of what looks to be decent rollers sell for the 15k mark. 
My spares include, just off the top of my head, complete set of rebuilt R33 GTR brembo brakes, BM50 master cylinder, Nismo braided lines, complete set of bilstin coil overs, white line sway bars, R34gtr wheels, motec M130 ecu, RB26 factory engine loom, complete fuel system with twin 460 pumps, surge tank etc. 6 boost manifold, 2 x complete cold sides, (1 x single throttle, 1 x ITB factory setup). Complete rear subframe, with diff, shafts etc. 2 x GTR 5 speed boxes, 2 x transfer cases, 2 x tailshafts, 3 x front prop shafts, OS twin plate clutch, front hubs, all the factory arms, gearbox crossmember. 
About 90% of the interior, spare GTR front seats, dash, 2 x clusters, nice Defi gauges, oil cooler, spare GTR bonnet and grill, headlights, blinkers, tail lights. Motor wise, I got a set of forged pistons, Nitto oil pump and complete RB26 sump with factory diff.

And there’s a heap more crap (no doubt) that I can’t remember buying. 
but enough to put together a nice street car.. in my head anyway. Or just save myself the Headache and sell everything! (including the GTR) Lol