SAU Community

SAU NSW - Social - Hyper Karting - Saturday 30th July

sammi_d

Yes, that's right! Here by popular demand - we're going go-karting!

Many of you had enjoyed our Aqua Golf event, and had asked for more and different social events, so here we are!

And what better way to hang out, have a laugh, and have some friendly competition than to go go-karting.

BUT, we wont just be going to any old go-karting venue - we're going to head to Hyper Karting in Moore Park!

So without any ado, here are the details:

Date: Saturday 30th July

Location: Hyper Karting - The Entertainment Quarter, Level 5 Car Park, 207 Park Road S, Moore Park, NSW 2021

Meet Time: 4:30pm, for a 5.00pm start

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hyper+Karting/@-33.8949918,151.2259721,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x68fc1506e75534f!8m2!3d-33.8949918!4d151.2259721

RSVP: Please send us a message to let us know if you'll be attending. Bookings need to be placed via Hyper Karting's website.

We'll meet at 4.30pm so that this gives everyone enough time to have a small chat, head in to Hyper Karting, and get ready to start racing.

The plan is to hang out and race from 5.00pm to 6.00pm, which is made up of 4x 15min sessions.

To make planning easy, we ask that you head to Hyper Karting's website to book a session (or multiple if you choose) for yourself. SAU NSW will NOT be booking out the track. If you choose to book for multiple sessions, please avoid booking back-to-back sessions.

To book your ticket, please head to the website below, and select any of the following sessions: 5.00pm, 5.15pm, 5.30pm, or 5.45pm. Please also double-check that you are booking for Saturday 30th July.

Hyper Karting's booking page: https://hyperkarting.com.au/products/220730mt?variant=41883678998688

IMPORTANT: Please ensure you read Hyper Karting's terms and conditions on the above link, as there are various requirements for things such as clothing, height, weight, etc. Tickets are non-refundable by Hyper Karting, so please ensure you have read these terms prior to booking.

As this is a social event, and we're heading to Hyper Karting to have some fun, we ask that when booking your spot(s) on Hyper Karting's website, you select the "STANDARD" race.

IMPORTANT: At all times, please make sure to follow any and all instructions given by the staff at Hyper Karting. Should you fail to follow their instruction, causing any trouble or injury, you'll be asked to leave.

After we wrap up from go-karting, we can head downstairs to the Entertainment Quarter for a bite to eat and a laugh about our karting antics!

This is an official SAU:NSW event.

One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general.

When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to:

• Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly.
• Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should.
• Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly.
• Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

Thanks everyone, and hope to see you all there!

• 1 month later...
On 29/7/2022 at 7:43 AM, soviet_merlin said:

We ended up booking for four of us for 5.30pm and 6.15pm. See how it goes.

Hey mate,

We have had that feedback to that a few of the sessions are already booked. We will try and keep most of those sessions together as much as possible but if you want to get a few extra in by all means you can book the other slots. We will still be hanging around that particular time. 🙂

On 29/07/2022 at 12:19 PM, D_I_F said:

Hey mate,

We have had that feedback to that a few of the sessions are already booked. We will try and keep most of those sessions together as much as possible but if you want to get a few extra in by all means you can book the other slots. We will still be hanging around that particular time. 🙂

Yeah, they seem to be filling somewhat quickly. I don't really see a good way of keeping it together for a group.

Or are you thinking to book it on the day when there?

This was great fun! I was a bit sceptical about electric gokarts but it really scratched the right itch. Feels good once the higher power levels unlock. A bit noisy in the venue which is ironic considering that the karts are silent.

We are actually going to be back on Sunday morning to work on those lap times. With the 20% off from the code on the wristband and off-peak times it ends up being ~$24 for a session which is much more reasonable. If anyone is interested in going again feel free to get in touch. It's pretty local for us and I'd like to do a bit more of this.

Some photos from the day:

IMG_2657.thumb.jpg.35a13c4a6405b668f5739a46a1322344.jpg

IMG_2659.thumb.jpg.ff1c27fd887755a234c3d74da0943cf7.jpg

IMG_2655.thumb.jpg.6ba7fd13c480b938ac7e1cb09a84bd09.jpg

IMG_2658.thumb.jpg.1bc05be2aac57b26c212f836aeffee83.jpg

IMG_20220730_175125.thumb.jpg.0ee1085fdd218888015bf3182ed1c49f.jpg

Ronald borrowed one of the phone mounts that they lend out. Short clip with somewhat Naked Gun intro vibes.

Not really any car photos. Not sure where people parked. We just came across Sam on the way in. So there's two chubby Nissans.

IMG_2694.thumb.JPG.82cde6552c9706821515593b6a278e71.JPG

IMG_2698.thumb.JPG.2204f217d0f178f3ec1780e5999fc48c.JPG

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 7:36 PM, soviet_merlin said:

This was great fun! I was a bit sceptical about electric gokarts but it really scratched the right itch. Feels good once the higher power levels unlock. A bit noisy in the venue which is ironic considering that the karts are silent.

We are actually going to be back on Sunday morning to work on those lap times. With the 20% off from the code on the wristband and off-peak times it ends up being ~$24 for a session which is much more reasonable. If anyone is interested in going again feel free to get in touch. It's pretty local for us and I'd like to do a bit more of this.

Some photos from the day:

IMG_2657.thumb.jpg.35a13c4a6405b668f5739a46a1322344.jpg

IMG_2659.thumb.jpg.ff1c27fd887755a234c3d74da0943cf7.jpg

IMG_2655.thumb.jpg.6ba7fd13c480b938ac7e1cb09a84bd09.jpg

IMG_2658.thumb.jpg.1bc05be2aac57b26c212f836aeffee83.jpg

IMG_20220730_175125.thumb.jpg.0ee1085fdd218888015bf3182ed1c49f.jpg

Ronald borrowed one of the phone mounts that they lend out. Short clip with somewhat Naked Gun intro vibes.

Not really any car photos. Not sure where people parked. We just came across Sam on the way in. So there's two chubby Nissans.

IMG_2694.thumb.JPG.82cde6552c9706821515593b6a278e71.JPG

IMG_2698.thumb.JPG.2204f217d0f178f3ec1780e5999fc48c.JPG

Wow super awesome Pics & Video David! I still am yet to go through the GoPro footage. But it was definitely a blast! I would 100% say it would be better to do it at off peak times to get some more sessions in. They definitely aren't as quick as they petrol karts but they were surprisingly easy and fun to drive.