SAU Community

Exhaust recommendations

Hey guys.

I got my car in the workshop getting a new bigger turbo, 3'' dump pipe, fake cat, plus injectors etc.

Im now trying to make a decision on what to do with my exhaust. Its currently 2.5 inch except with the resonator removed and a big xforce cannon. It drones bad on the highway so wanna change it plus also let it flow better.

Looking at either getting a custom 3" mild steel exhaust with a hotdog resonator installed and same xforce muffler or getting a new Kakimoto catback from japan. Its actually cheaper to get the kakimoto than all the custom fabrication. 

The ones im looking at are the:
Kakimoto Racing R exhaust muffler. 

Kakimoto Racing Hyper Full Mega N1+ Rev exhaust muffler.

Had anyone got these and how are they? 

Any Jap 3" exhaust that is JASMA compliant will have a 2.5" restrictor in it somewhere that f**ks them anyway.

Hotdogs are shit. If you want the exhaust to sound reasonable, put a decent sized centre-offset 3" muffler in the middle and the cannon on the rear. Plus, consider a cat. Decat is stupid.

• Like 5

On 7/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, GTSBoy said:

Any Jap 3" exhaust that is JASMA compliant will have a 2.5" restrictor in it somewhere that f**ks them anyway.

Hotdogs are shit. If you want the exhaust to sound reasonable, put a decent sized centre-offset 3" muffler in the middle and the cannon on the rear. Plus, consider a cat. Decat is stupid.

^^^^this

Also a custom exhaust will sit a lot higher and nicer than a off shelf jap item. 
The Jap one will be cheaper then add freight, fitting and cost to go get the custom exhaust in the end.

• Like 1

HKS Super turbo is a GREAT exhaust.

its 85mm all the way excluding the cat flange. but if you cut that off and fit a 3.5" flange then you're in business.

I'm making 490awkw with one internally gated. would be much more with a screamer.

Was very cost effective for a stainless cat back exhaust. i was being quoted much more for a locally made mild steel one. Yen is quite good at the moment too.

worth hitting up Jesse Streeter for a price to compare to local options anyway.

Edited by burn4005