Sydneykid

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so did you guys come up with who would be the best to use in the n.s.w/act area

hahahaha.... doesn't seem like there is much interest in this.

I'm going to organise with a tow bar manufacturer here in Canberra to get one made and ensure it meets engineering approvals. I'll also talk to him at the time about the possibility of having the design engineer certified so that other stagea owners can get it installed without having to get their own engineers certificate (about $500).

Hopefully this will be in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you all know how it goes.

T

do you have their phone number?

Max is his name, he's a bit hard of hearing so make sure you talk clearly.

Towbars of Woden

Namatjira Drive

CHAPMAN ACT 2611

ph: 02 6288 5199

Are you in Canberra? Maybe, we both get ours done and see what he can do for us. I'm ready anytime after this week and need to get it done before xmas.

Hey mate, you'll have to shwo us how it goes, i'm in canberra too and been looking into a tow bar.

What have you found out?

I spoke to Lloyds Caravans about a Hayman Reese towbar, but they said they wouldn't have anything to fit the Stagea. Now that I have it, I'm going to take it to them and check again.

All i've found out is there's a tow bar for the silvia (S15) that has been made to fit onto skylines (R33). since stagea has same chassis i thought maybe it could be modified, but the extra length of the wagon could be a problem. that's about all the stuff i've found, haven't looked too hard though

I have been looking into getting a tow bar - gotta a pretty big trailer to pull, so I went down to ARB to see what they said. Pete (from ARB) said that he could customise me a Hayman Reese pakage for my car and trailer for around $800 or so....But I suppose I will have to see when I take the car into him :)

I have been looking into getting a tow bar - gotta a pretty big trailer to pull, so I went down to ARB to see what they said. Pete (from ARB) said that he could customise me a Hayman Reese pakage for my car and trailer for around $800 or so....But I suppose I will have to see when I take the car into him :)

I was also thinking of getting a Hayman Reese bar customised to fit. But for the same effort and less coss I can get a full custom bar made.

I was also thinking of getting a Hayman Reese bar customised to fit. But for the same effort and less coss I can get a full custom bar made.

Yeah thats true, but they are bloody fantastic, also, looks like I may be towing an offroad caravan aswell :lol:

Hey, only read my PM last night, sorry. I'll try to give you a call today!

If I get the chance, I'll gve Max a call and drop in to show him the car and see what his thoughts are. I've got a Dayz kit on mine so my rear bar is a little lower than standard and I'm not sure how this will affect the installation / design. Ideally I don't want the rear bar cut, but I'll see how it goes.

I'd like to get a removeable towball too... not sure what your thoughts are on this.

Also something to think about is whether you want it engineer certified or not.