SAU Community

Needed RB20DET ECCS Wiring Diagram

SXN180

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has the ECCS and ENGINE ROOM wiring diagrams for the R32 RB20DET in PDF format.

Please don't tell me to go to meggala.com or rb20det.com as they only have the ECU pinouts.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Daniel

Thanks Maggala but your R32 wiring Zip doesn't contain what I need. I had already down loaded it.

I need the wiring diagram for the ECCS Engine Loom and Engine Bay Main Harness.

Your diagrams are for Power Windows, Speakers, Blower fan, Hicas control unit etc.

Surely the pinouts will tell you what you want to know. Do you need to know something specific, or you just require the diagrams for reference?

And my experience is that the wiring diagram does not match the physical loom.

I've just finished my RB20DET converison in my 180SX.

I have come to the wiring stage and wanted the ECCS diagrams so that I can match them up with my CA18DET diagrams.

I know all I need to hook up is 3 wires from the 6 pin rectangle RB plug that is located near the passenger side headlight attached to an 8 pin rectangle RB plug.

The wires in the 6 pin plug that I need to connect with my harness are Black/Red, White/Black, White/Purple. The only problem is I don't know what they are for and was hoping the diagram could tell me so I could match them to the CA's main harness.

I have already wired the fuel pump wire (black/pink) into my CA main harness.

I just need to know the rest so that I can wire them up.

Cheers

From memory, these are related to power to the ECCS relay. And I'm pretty sure this is the area I was refering to when I said the diagram didn't match the loom, ie the plug is not shown in the wiring diagrams. Drove me crazy when I had the loom out of the car trying to trace wires to wire in a Wolf3D.

Best I could do is fax a diagram - PM me with a fax number

Just had a look at mine, the W/B and W/P are related to power to the ECCS and IGN coil relays. Pretty certain B/R is primary ignition-switched power to the ECU (= pin 45 on the RB20DET ECU). The ECU actually switches the ECCS and IGN coil relays.

Thanks Blind_Elk,

That info helps me alot. Apperantly thats all that has to be connected to get the RB20DET running in the S13's.

I know there are other things like Temp Sensor's and so on, But its looking much more positive now that I know what those three wires are.

Beats paying someone $350 - $500 to connect 8 wires in total.

Cheers,

Daniel

• 3 years later...

OK, I'm swapping my RB20 for a RB25det. I am now at the wiring part of the swap. Can some just tell me what I should do with the wires?? (I'm using the RB25 loom and ECU)