SAU Community

Clutches

PranK

Hi Guys,

My Clutch is slipping... I want to know a good cheapish clutch for a '33 GTST with good clamping action, but not over the top so my leg doesn't fall off trying to use it in peak hour.

Thanks guys.

Christian

ARghhh :) I want a clutch that will allow me a better ride in peak hour. Currently have a Nismo Twin Plate clutch, and I'm sick of stalling the freaking thing in peak hour (how embarrassing :x )

I'm used to my Toyota Liteace with it's lose clutch, I couldn't stall it if I tried. This Nismo Twin Plate has a "sweet spot" about the size of a pin head :twisted: It's either a delayed take off, a schreech n jerk, or a stall. Not to mention the bunny hopping it likes to do in first.

I might be completely wrong in thinking it's my clutch causing the bunny hopping action, but I just want something that makes me look a fool in peak hour, with less trffic at night and early mornings it's all fine because you can get a nice launch from the lights without the worry of all three lanes infront blocked and a bus infront of you :roll:

Any ideas ? I think I'll need to go cruising with you guys who are a little more technical so I can try and work out whats wrong (prolly just whats between the seat and the steering wheel eh !)

so jimbo how does it go the car I remember drooling like most of the people on geoffs list over that one. I'd give it a few more weeksb4 changing casue anything else won't handel the power roumour has it that the nismo twin plate is alot easier.

cheers

meggala

any 0-100 times or 1/4 mile times

It's going as expected. The car is just as I had hoped for, unfortunately I think the driver leaves a lot to be desired :oops: but hopfully this will come with practice. It's not everyday you go from driving a Liteace to a Skyline 8)

At the moment she's looking rather stocky due to taking a lot of things off for the third Tier inspection. However I will be putting everything back over the ext two weeks, and hopefully getting engineers certificates for the most common things that the cops will try and defect me for, just to make my life a little easier.

I thinik I'll leave the clutch, just because I'm prolly copping out blaming the hardware for my failure to understand how to use it together to get the take off I'm after in differing conditions. HopefullyI can get some pointers off you veterans :)

Prank,

Check out the 6 puk clutch that UAS sells. I've help install one in a GT4 and one in a R32 GTS4.

Both have a really light pedal but have good clamping preasure (about 40% more than standard.

They bite quickish, but very drivable in traffic.

I think they are $595 exchange for the GTS-t's.

J