SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

Got a quote for the R33, 23, several fines no suspensions and in Epping- $720 for CTP. Then rang again got another quote for 27, no fines or suspensions and living in Epping- $720. What the **** is wrong with NSW. Just out of curiosity I did another quote for Gosford, and the price dropped to $489. f**king joke. It cost me $360 for Rego WITH CTP in Vic last year.

Got a quote for the R33, 23, several fines no suspensions and in Epping- $720 for CTP. Then rang again got another quote for 27, no fines or suspensions and living in Epping- $720. What the **** is wrong with NSW. Just out of curiosity I did another quote for Gosford, and the price dropped to $489. f**king joke. It cost me $360 for Rego WITH CTP in Vic last year.

welcome to NSW, the rape your wallet state.

• 2 months later...

That's really steep Jayson.

O'Farrell acknowledges that something needs to be done but the wheels of politics move like snails.

Once upon a time decades ago, the CTP was split off from the rego, but I forget what the reason was: maybe so that the CTP might come under more scrutiny?

I hate the idea that within 1 decade of now, the combined cost of CTP + Rego might exceed $2K.

NSW is ridiculous i just got my new one and it is $783 plus $910 for rego

Just about to get my car re-registered, and I also got a quote for $780+ for a greenslip. I assume my rego would be the same also?

After an engineering certificate, blue slip and some new tyres this is going to be expensive :wacko:

Wouldn't bring it down bobby.

My Mazda 400ish

Gosford to some ctp insurers is country and apparently less risk. How? No idea as most commute to Sydney anyway haha

Not involved with ctp ratings in my job so no idea