SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

I'm buying a 'new' daily on the weekend and its rego is due in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to see what the CTP will be west of the Nepean River - if there's a difference. Or maybe, I don't want to know (when I find out).

Paid 782 last week.... all up was around 1,200 with rego etc, looking at how it was 10 years ago how long until were paying 2k for a years rego in NSW, it has become ridiculous.

Anyone know how much the fees are compared to places like Canberra, Melbourne etc?

Paid 782 last week.... all up was around 1,200 with rego etc, looking at how it was 10 years ago how long until were paying 2k for a years rego in NSW, it has become ridiculous.

Anyone know how much the fees are compared to places like Canberra, Melbourne etc?

ACT & VIC are included in their registration costs. QLD and NSW have privatised the CTP cover so it will make it more expensive.

From 1st Feb there was an increase in CTP pricing again due the 25% increase in CTP claims over the last 2 years.

I will be having to get mine soon so I have been looking at the prices around. So far the are all around the $780ish mark. Cheapest I could find was $774 with QBE but I will get an accurate price when I eventually come to get CTP...

I got mine the other day for the GTT $550 (NRMA), thought that was steep.

Ill do a quick shop around but it looks better than most of you guys.

The joy of our govt selling everything it can get its hands on.

thought id post this in here.

was actually cheaper to go with nrma, buy 3rd party property insurance(not ctp)

AND get the greenslip, than it was for just the greenslip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm buying a 'new' daily on the weekend and its rego is due in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to see what the CTP will be west of the Nepean River - if there's a difference. Or maybe, I don't want to know (when I find out).

OK - the quote I've accepted is $440 for the coming year via Shannons.

Yup, for a couple of years at least...

But only if the car is comprehensively or TPO insured with them.

Corrected post

I'm a 22 yo female. I've held a drivers licence for 2 years and have a perfect driving record and I just paid $782.30 last month through Shannons. This is the cheapest I found out of the few I looked into.

Edited by Jennie 1990

Here's a comparison on my 'new' daily (that I picked up 2 weekes ago) - registration due to-day.

It's just a '97 Maxima GV

As I said earlier, Shannons gave me a CTP Green Slip for $440

The existing final 2 weeks of rego was piggy-backed by NRMA CTP.

My NRMA Renewal CTP costs $742 for the same car & personal particulars.

Q. The difference?

A. $302