SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

I had 3 greenslips and 2 insurance policy's with them and when I did a quote for a new policy it was a lot cheaper then the renewal. Guy from work had just been renewing every year and I showed him the saving from a new policy and he couldn't believe he had been paying almost $400 a year extra

That's like most companies. Your phone provider does the same thing.

If you call and talk through things they will always give you a better deal. Have competitors websites open with their quotes so you can tell them what they will do. Bring up that you have been a member for so many years and have multiple polices etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, got an NRMA greenslip renewal for the bunky Mazda today; $756!

They must think people are retarded!

The Stagea was $460ish, and our other identical Mazda was low $400's as well.

And people reckon Edward lees is a shonk...

Dude renewal was $886! They were one of the cheapest. Called them up and got them down to $687 as per my quote online.

How do I become a "dealership"?

You need a dealer licence number and a ABN and all 5 mayjor insurance companies give you a discount for the cars you sell..

Im a salesman for holden and mitsubishi and i just give the office girls my rego papers and they sort it out for me.. the price can change depending on your post code.. i know if we sold a car to someone in sydney its 345 each greenslip

I know greenslips go up in price from police reports of theft and break snd enters..

If the car you have is most targeted in thefts the price of the greenslip will go up

Greenslip has nothing to do with theft or criminal...well, criminal by fraud of injury!!

greenslip is for injury

Dale - was this the new junker you bought?

reason it was that it is because when you buy a 2nd hand car, the CTP goes with that car. the insurer gets notified when car/rego sold/transferred so the insurer goes 'ohai! we don't know you so just in case you are a shitflamin mongrel driver and under 30 we'll chance it and send out our worst rate'

what they should be doing is calling you or checking if you have any other CTP/insurances and then calling you or sending out a reasonable quote.

hmm..I should work in insurance

• Like 1

Greenslip has nothing to do with theft or criminal...well, criminal by fraud of injury!!

greenslip is for injury

Dale - was this the new junker you bought?

reason it was that it is because when you buy a 2nd hand car, the CTP goes with that car. the insurer gets notified when car/rego sold/transferred so the insurer goes 'ohai! we don't know you so just in case you are a shitflamin mongrel driver and under 30 we'll chance it and send out our worst rate'

what they should be doing is calling you or checking if you have any other CTP/insurances and then calling you or sending out a reasonable quote.

hmm..I should work in insurance

Yes it was; and you're dead right.

They hope you're a complete imbecile and will just pony up the cash.

We got it sorted; but there's been a big jump in price in the last month or so.

QBE were cheapest with $593; which is a tonne better than NRMA's $756

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

395 or so for the XR5t heeheehee

As I said, Coast is somehow considered cheaper due to lower injury claims. Still, no idea why - us pricks commute south every day.

• Like 1