SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

13 hours ago, Hadouken said:

Lol. Sure I'll move to Sydney NOT.

Think about all the gearboxes I can buy with all these savings lol

That's a very big point you left out LOL

For some reason, it's double in Sydney. And I used to complain when CTP hit $500. I'm pretty sure I was paying $300-odd when I first got the GT-R.

I'll dig through some paperwork and make a graph.

way over 25, country/rural area, QBE $443.  Not bad rort, I've never claimed and am unlikely to so they will get +$20K out of me and I have three registered, so +$60k for my driving life.

All for some con artist to stage an accident with his uncle and claim $5 million for a sprained toe!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My rego's due soon so I thought I'd check prices. Evo 6, Sydney north, max NCB, only couple of points gone. I just turned 30.

My quote last time was $900 - as mentioned they don't seem to adjust for driving record at all, the only variable yielding a discount for me was age. And now that I'm 30 I pay $150 less. It would be the same price even if I was barely hanging on with no comp and 1 point left on license. Madness.

AAMI $760.92 $389.72 more information 132 244 www.aami.com.au
Allianz $890.00 $455.00 more information 1300 137 664 www.allianz.com.au
CIC-Allianz $886.00 $454.00 more information 1300 360 340  
GIO $754.04 $386.32 more information 131 010 www.gio.com.au
NRMA $898.96 $459.63 more information 132 132 www.nrma.com.au
QBE $890.00 $455.00 more information 133 723 greenslip.qbe.com
Edited by Skepticism
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, niZmO_Man said:

One year later, $507 (called up NRMA, they added VVC insurance and got a little discount)

Yep, my GTR this year in NSW was just under $500 which is a third of what I have paid for the last 15+ years. Is it aged based or have they just stopped ripping people off?

15 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

I think once it hit $800 people got the shits, NSW government had to sell the insurance companies to stop ripping us off.

Reverse economics V's Australian utilities (roads, power etc) ? Or will prices creep back up until they are 3 times now that it's privatised?

Hahaha crap, typo, s/sell/tell

Obviously the insurance companies are private. I should proof read. But yeah, it just kept increasing every year and they claimed (geddit?) it was the increased claims. Yeah right south-west Sydney isn't that dodgy.

Yep, my GTR this year in NSW was just under $500 which is a third of what I have paid for the last 15+ years. Is it aged based or have they just stopped ripping people off?
Nope.
Still paying exorbitant amounts for mine.
  • Like 1