SAU Community

How much are you paying for CTP Greenslip

Guest DON91E

what company did you get the green slip from at that price?

AON, google them, you can only get a quote by phone, there in parra somewhere

I did a quick search last night as i have a new car coming up for rego, QBE was the best of the rest at $480...currently uninsured as it has a bung engine

Is it true that you get cheaper rates if you have fully comp insurance? I was always paying around the 300-320 mark with the skyline through AAMI who are now really expensive. Haven't owned a registered car for over a year though so price rise wouldn't surprise me.

Slips have gone up twice in the past couple of years I think..

All because of that sophie delenrzo (sp?) kid.

• 2 weeks later...
CHEAP CTP GREEN SLIP

Shannons will insure you with a CTP Green Slip if...

i) your car is insured with them

ii) haven't had licence suspension or at fault accident in the past 5 yrs

iii) your age is 30+

Price?

$312.79 for my Forester XT this month

$312.79 for my R34 GT-R next month

Policy is underwritten by GIO

remove the over 30 age limit too :sick:

our only condition for our CTP is that the vehicle must be covered by us either by fully comp or TPO property damage :D

I recently purchased a green slips for my R34 GTR via Budget Greenslips. They were the cheapest coming in at $540.00, I'm 25.

Was actually looking forward to turning 25 and paying lower CTP prices but they changed it to 30!

• 1 year later...

Abit of a bump but mine is due. $688 is the cheapest I could find! Is this right. Local shop told me that prices have gone up alot in the past couple years. I'm 24. I set the age to 27 and it had no affect and reading above, looks like it wont mean shit until I'm 30.

Also the car currently has rego, does it need a blue slip or is that only when rego expires? Blue slip is only for unregistered cars correct?

You can do a search for cheaper green slips on greenslips.com.au or something similar (Google will confirm).

Blue slip is only required for unregistered cars, correct, but you will still need a pink slip to get your rego.

I fell a bit sorry for you Sarge since I'm an old fellah.

The CTP goes up every July AFAIK

So, the BMW 530i that was registered 8/7/11 had a CTP premium of $400.45 through AAMI.

If your car is insured with Shannons, they'll also offer a CTP for existing policy holders at a cheaper premium.

Otherwise Nick's suggestions stand.

damn it I hate being so young! what with my firm skin & good metabolism! I'd trade it all to be charged around $200 less on my greenslip :teehee:

LOL

Every time I get out of the GT-R and you young'uns firstly look at the car - then look at me; I know what you're thinkin' 'punk'...

"Why can't a car like that be owned by firm skinned, good metabolism young dude like me?"

LOL

Never mind...

I used to think like that when I was 18 seeing old prune skinned, bad metabolism old farts driving their XY GT HO or XU-1 around - and on the hwy, the speed limits were "derestricted"!!!!! :teehee: