SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

Sydneykid

Last run: 0awkw or near enough to it....

post-39451-0-61912100-1355814519_thumb.jpg

Hoping for something closer to 400kw@wheels once its rebuilt and run in: hopefully by around Feb 2013, assuming we don't all cease to exist on Friday... ;)

Prior to this, it was running 298awkw

Hi Micah,

I just read your post, are you still going ahead with the GT-SS on your car? Was just checking as I saw you had 400kw atw as your goal and from everything I've read these turbos pretty much top out at 350kw when matched with the right supporting mods.

Looking forward to hearing how you all go with your setup. I'm getting pretty close now. The safe/low boost tune was just completed and the numbers are looking pretty impressive on pulp. This tune hasn't had any timing or other things added as yet, we had to stop though as my gearbox let go in 3rd gear and will resume tuning low and high boost for pulp/e85 in the new year.

I've got a spare box which is going in today so I'll atleast get to drive it over the holiday period.

Here's some photos..

lowboost_zps6c36c882.jpg

177599_434959356561970_1528501391_o_zps41536fb1.jpg

622256_458829324155333_904608868_o_zpsfcd79a6d.jpg

My lousy Stagea atm, changing the rear housing to a smaller unit and going to pump the boost up higher. (only running 14psi)

specs:

Return flow cooler

3 inch exhaust

Kando TD06 12cm rear (going to a 10)

external gate

Haltech E11V2

RWD

2hq8qp4.jpg

Anyone heard of Stageas blowing headgaskets reguarly? I mates stocker blew a gasket, and I've read/heard a few others doing it. I'm curious to why they would when the engine is essentially the same as the Skylines. Is it because of the automatic (in most cases) putting more strain on the engine?

Edited by Run-It-Hard

Sorry for the late response: I'm on holidays for Xmas... Yeah; tuning for more power, as I'd just fitted new turbos manifolds, inlet an z32 afms.

That was the worst of the 2 pistons: no's1 and 6 let go. Luckily the head escaped any damage, but no.6 bore required a .5mm overbore, necessitating the same for the rest of them (obviously)...

• 6 months later...

Nissan Stagea 1996 AWD

Stock RB30 block apart from new rings, bearings, big end bolts, Tomei sump baffle kit N1 oil pump. Stock R33 head cleaned up, VCT connected, Tomei head gasket and adjustable ex cam gear. Sinco Customs exhaust manifold, GT3540R turbo with .63 ex, Synapse 50mm W/G, Venom 5in 100 cell cat, 3in exhaust with straight through resonator and cannon. Hybrid FMIC, Greddy copy FFP, HKS Sequential BOV, Deatschwerks 550 injectors, stock throttle body, fpr and rail. Walbro in tank fuel pump and Bosch 044 from surge tank. Link G4 ecu. 98 Pump fuel.

Plan to install some better plugs, fine tune W/G and retune for a few more KW but will probably leave it at that as I don't want to push too hard on a stock unbalanced bottom end.

Credits: Joe (Joes Mechanical) Glenn (GDS motorsport) and Soichi (ST Hi-Tec).

20130704EHD341Power_zps46c86a7c.jpg

20130704EHD341Boost_zps187d814d.jpg

You've got to love a motor that makes 220kw by 4000rpm :) Great result.

Do you run standard cams, and if so are they from the original stagea head?

Stock cams and springs... head was from a S2 R33 engine (so should be same as Stagea). Bottom end is stock (would recommend getting it forged and balanced as you did) so probably won't push it much further but obviously would go harder with bigger cams and better valve springs. Currently limited to 7000 rpm

Great result Bob.

Don't bother with cams unless you plan to rev it harder.

I think you could do so much better with a .82 rear, there are usually drawbacks to running small housings on large turbo's, what is the transient response like? I still miss my 1.06ar Tial.

Great result Bob.

Don't bother with cams unless you plan to rev it harder.

I think you could do so much better with a .82 rear, there are usually drawbacks to running small housings on large turbo's, what is the transient response like? I still miss my 1.06ar Tial.

Yep won't be doing cams with unbalanced stock bottom end - 7000 will be it for me. I was going to get a .82 but was talked into the .63 on account of the 1800kg dead weight and although I lose some top end the car does take off in any gear when I floor it so happy with that.