SAU Community

Is it legal in NSW to be without front and/or rear bar?

I had no front bar and no front plate on, nice police officer just told me to attach the front plate with some cable ties and didnt even mention the front bar..Or the intercooler/carbon bonnet, the list goes on.. I think it varies from cop to cop as with most defects/Whats legal, whats not..

Thats pretty much it.

At the end of the day you are supposed to have your front bars attached for several reasons. If a cop decides to be hard on you then you may well receive a defect but others will be leanient as long as your number plate is prominently displayed.

Its not defectable, i was driving like this with my cooler out for 4-5 months. i had my plate in the front window. as long as you have blinkers attached to the front and no sharp objects you will be ok.

if you think about it :confused: , it wouldn't and shouldn't be legal,

if you hit a little kid or anybody for that matter, they have more of a chance of surviving when hitting plastic and being directed away (be it up or sideways), rather than hitting your nice shiny intercooler and being collected by it probably being mashed up very very badly in the process..

:P

Its not defectable, i was driving like this with my cooler out for 4-5 months. i had my plate in the front window. as long as you have blinkers attached to the front and no sharp objects you will be ok.

But it is ok to have a sharp metal object in the cabin... where it can collect you in an accident...

Hmmm.... I wouldn't have my numberplate on the dash of my car :confused:

When i was waiting to get my front bar put on, i drove around with no blinkers and only the number plate screwed on. It looked damn ugly and would have caused vicious damage in an acco but no cops said anything... one even walked past it when i was parking turning around to look.

Maybe i was just lucky :rofl:

Drove around with no front bar for a couple of weeeks due to necessity.i think it comes down to the time you are driving and where you are driving the car to , if the police see you during a weekday they are less likey to harass you then if you were driving the car on a sat night in the city.

I drove my 1979 Torana around Sydney for 4 years with neither front nor rear bumper without a single defect. This included pink slips at several different places.

As long as it had no sharp protrusions it was OK. Could have been helped by the fact that UC's still look complete without bumpers though..

Another defect.

Having the number plate in the front window isnt smart and very dangerous