SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

When I imported our 250t RS4 I needed new shocks all round so stupidly bought the cheaper BC set instead of the BR. Now they are stuffed and our use for the car has changed a little. I wonder if anyone knows whether you can fit the RX suspension to the 250t rs4 and lift the ride height? Anyone have any experience importing stock suspension direct from Nissan Japan? Or know if you can do that via local Nissan dealers?

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Long and low said:

I have a set of BC gold adjustables to go in. Seems pretty straight forward to put in. I'll be doing it in my garage on my own. 

Thanks for that. I'm only doing the springs so expect to need a spring compressor. Bought them after a couple too many, now have to work out how to do it ??

If the fronts are anything like a PNM35 ('04+) then you better have hands like a Geisha girl to get out one of the left-side strut top mount bolts. It sits under an A/C pipe so expect to use some inappropriate language.

Other than that, pretty simple stuff. I had to do the rears but from pictures I've seen it'll be easier than the front.

The stock springs are pretty stout and ate one of my spring compressors because I didn't get enough coils in between the jaws, so try to get as many coils as you can between them.

47 minutes ago, Hertz Donut said:

If the fronts are anything like a PNM35 ('04+) then you better have hands like a Geisha girl to get out one of the left-side strut top mount bolts. It sits under an A/C pipe so expect to use some inappropriate language.

Other than that, pretty simple stuff. I had to do the rears but from pictures I've seen it'll be easier than the front.

The stock springs are pretty stout and ate one of my spring compressors because I didn't get enough coils in between the jaws, so try to get as many coils as you can between them.

Thanx for that.

• 2 years later...

I have a rear upper ball joint with play and want to replace the whole arm instead of paying $500 for new genuine Nissan part will the arm in a 2005 rx350 bolt straight into the 2004 ar-x Four model as well as the lower control arms. Been measuring and comparing photos still stumped the shocks fit perfectly everything seems to match up but the fact it's rwd has me 2nd guessing does anyone know?

7 hours ago, INTHEKNOW said:

I have a rear upper ball joint with play and want to replace the whole arm instead of paying $500 for new genuine Nissan part will the arm in a 2005 rx350 bolt straight into the 2004 ar-x Four model as well as the lower control arms. Been measuring and comparing photos still stumped the shocks fit perfectly everything seems to match up but the fact it's rwd has me 2nd guessing does anyone know?

Have a look here it will tell you the part numbers and you can see if they match. 

https://nissan.epc-data.com/stagea/

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Are people still active on here? Never used this site before so forgive me if I’m going about it the wrong way. 

wondering if anybody else has encountered issues with rim to rear suspension clearance, and has any remedies or ways around it that don’t involve beating the guards or smaller width rims. 

picture attached (is terrible I know) is of backside of rim barrel and coil over, can basically just fit a finger in between, which is fine on anything that is flat. But anything where the front and rear are hitting opposing angles the rims rub on the coilovers which is seriously unpleasant. Can’t run any less camber or the tyre rubs on the inner guard to much, and don’t really want to lift it up high enough to get more clearance off the coilovers 

appreciate any pointers cheers! 

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0469.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

Is it an rs4 or an rs4s?

tou can fit an S14/5 rear subframe and suitable driveshafts if it is a factory auto and it will give more clearance

23 hours ago, RBW49N said:

Is it an rs4 or an rs4s?

tou can fit an S14/5 rear subframe and suitable driveshafts if it is a factory auto and it will give more clearance

Rwd, factory auto, would that alter where the wheels sit? Track width etc or just where suspension bolts up? 

2 minutes ago, Yeevez said:

Rwd, factory auto, would that alter where the wheels sit? Track width etc or just where suspension bolts up? 

It will alter the track of the car and enable you to run less camber without hitting the outer guard and give the coil over clearance