SAU Community

spot the stagea

mcnamg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I see a very nice white M35 Stagea on Sackville St/Lucas Rd (Blacktown/Lalor Park) a few times a week on my drive into work. Gave him the wave if I spot him early enough (and get one back). Legend.

On 29/07/2020 at 11:13 AM, Blek said:

I see a very nice white M35 Stagea on Sackville St/Lucas Rd (Blacktown/Lalor Park) a few times a week on my drive into work. Gave him the wave if I spot him early enough (and get one back). Legend.

Yeah mate that’s me! Always nice to see another m35 on the road, makes my morning haha. Your car looks a whole lot faster than mine though

There actually seem to be a few Stageas in the area, I sometimes see some C34s in afternoon traffic on Sunnyholt Rd

94F12E56-510D-4FFF-A039-E763DF1A7682.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/08/2020 at 5:27 PM, purplecashew said:

Yeah mate that’s me! Always nice to see another m35 on the road, makes my morning haha. Your car looks a whole lot faster than mine though

There actually seem to be a few Stageas in the area, I sometimes see some C34s in afternoon traffic on Sunnyholt Rd

YES - that's the one! Nice to e-meet you haha. Your stag looks very, very tidy. Haven't seen you for a while, I've been running a bit late (every damn morning).

I don't know about fast, but I've recently had a whole lot of work done on my stagea including replacing cam sensors, fixing engine oil leak and turbo leak, new 'flowing' exhaust - finally my car is running as it should. Feels completely different to drive, more usable torque and powaah.

Yep I see way more c34's on the rd around where we drive - do you see the silver (or maybe white..?) c34 on Sunnyholt Rd? Usually has tyres strapped to the roof!

SPOTTED: silver C34 turning left onto Abott Road, near Bunnings Seven Hills Thursday 6th Aug, around lunch-time. Tried to catch up but was held up by a red light.

4 hours ago, Blek said:

YES - that's the one! Nice to e-meet you haha. Your stag looks very, very tidy. Haven't seen you for a while, I've been running a bit late (every damn morning).

I don't know about fast, but I've recently had a whole lot of work done on my stagea including replacing cam sensors, fixing engine oil leak and turbo leak, new 'flowing' exhaust - finally my car is running as it should. Feels completely different to drive, more usable torque and powaah.

Yep I see way more c34's on the rd around where we drive - do you see the silver (or maybe white..?) c34 on Sunnyholt Rd? Usually has tyres strapped to the roof!

SPOTTED: silver C34 turning left onto Abott Road, near Bunnings Seven Hills Thursday 6th Aug, around lunch-time. Tried to catch up but was held up by a red light.

Yeah i’ve spoken on fb to the guy who has the white one, good way of bringing your skid tyres with you haha

Definitely more c34s around but our cars are definitely not rare, I used to drive through Seven Hills station every arvo and would often see a blue M35, as well as a brown one around Marayong sometimes

Where do you get work done on your car? I haven’t really had to get much done to my car since i’ve been working in this area, would be handy if there was a workshop around with experience with these cars

And yeah I haven’t really been driving the car every day, after getting the front end painted i’d rather just let it sit in the garage and take the bike instead haha

Check out MRC Dyno in Seven Hills, Tucks Rd. The owner, Mark, is a champion. Heaps of awesome JDM cars there, they definitely know their stuff.  Fully itemised invoices etc.

My small business provides them with beef jerky :)

Highly recommend. Plus, one of their mechanics (Adam) has owned 3 or 4 M35's previously, so knows his way around.

Ahh fair

On 07/08/2020 at 6:04 PM, purplecashew said:

And yeah I haven’t really been driving the car every day, after getting the front end painted i’d rather just let it sit in the garage and take the bike instead haha

ah no worries, chuck us a wave if you see me still when you're on the bike haha. 

• Like 1

ah nice, yeah I’ve been meaning to find a good performance shop to do exhaust etc, will give them a go when the time comes, your exhaust sounds pretty mint mate. Hopefully they also have a spare set of Brembo calipers lying around too because my brakes are terrible haha

Do you mind dropping a website or something for your jerky company? Blokes at my work order heaps of it and i’m sure they’d rather get something local

Ah yes, the stock brakes are a bit... meh. Whilst Brembos are great, don't necessarily limit your search to them. 4 piston Sumitomo's are a cheaper option which work very well. R34 Skyline will bolt on (with a little dust shield grinding). There are heaps of Brake mod threads on here, definitely do your research.
There's an examples available on FB Marketplace:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3161399493884748

I don't mind dropping my jerky website at all! Not sure if there are rules on promoting your small biz or not, but check us out:

www.bcjerky.com.au

Use discount code LOYALLOCAL for free shipping ?

P.S. Front bar is looking mint. I have to pick up my hand waving game to match yours - arm out the window hah

Ah nice, I’ll have to do some searching, always avoided it because it seemed like a huge headache getting the right calipers that will bolt on

I suppose it also doesn’t help that my current brakes are some cheap crap that I got from my old work for free haha

I’ll pass your business onto the boys at work, would rather give support to someone on here than some rando

And yeah thanks! Definitely turned out a bit better than the last paintjob it had (me in the backyard with rattlecans)

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, purplecashew said:

Gotta love a nice white M35 had one once with pearl in the paint was really nice to drive and very road grippy good for the hills

• Like 1

• 1 year later...