SAU Community

10s R32 GTR?

The Jake

GT2530's, cams, 720cc injectors,oil pump, ecu (good tune), intercooler, clutch, intake, exhaust..

Stock crank, pistons and rods. (best to upgrade them if you want it to last as well as the box.)

Running an OS box and holding 3rd (big revs..)

And some good driving can get you there. Without stripping the car also.

Need about 400kw at the wheels.

Seen low 10's with this setup + slicks and fuel pump upgrade. :D

Doesn't mean you can just bolt on all those parts and do it easy, nothing is easy.

Yes every one had doubt.. even me until it did it.

I was suprised with the high 10's on street tires, then it did a few low 10's. Best of 10.3.

Best run on the dyno was about 410kw.

I have had the engine apart so know what it has.

I can't say how long it would last pushing that setup to it's max... but it's still going.

I only had to replace one stock piston in it after a ring land was broken, so it even has a single second hand piston. :D

Got another one running a T88 34D and worked bottom end. Makes similar power, has half the responce. Has done a 10.6 in full street trim. Could go a lot better with a experienced driver.

the best thing to do to get your r32 gtr into the 10s, is find someone who is selling a 11second gtr for cheap and install nos and bank your there.

That would work :rant:

But I wouldn't be content with that. I would want to run the numbers a few times and would like to improve them - not just run it once. I would also rather go for a twin turbo set up, even though most would say that a big single is cheaper, easier, etc. My mods would be:

- twin HKS 2835 turbo kit

- forged internals

- stroked bottom end (2.7-3.1L)

- MoTeC or Autronic ECU

- appropriate head work, 280° cams, adj. cam gears etc

- custom plenum, Infinity throttle body, 800cc+ injectors

- twin Bosch pumps, lift pump, surge tank

- drag spec cooler

- 6 speed dog box

That's just off the top of my head.

That would work :D

But I wouldn't be content with that. I would want to run the numbers a few times and would like to improve them - not just run it once. I would also rather go for a twin turbo set up, even though most would say that a big single is cheaper, easier, etc. My mods would be:

- twin HKS 2835 turbo kit

- forged internals

- stroked bottom end (2.7-3.1L)

- MoTeC or Autronic ECU

- appropriate head work, 280° cams, adj. cam gears etc

- custom plenum, Infinity throttle body, 800cc+ injectors

- twin Bosch pumps, lift pump, surge tank

- drag spec cooler

- 6 speed dog box

That's just off the top of my head.

waste of money for the motec, stroked motor, forged internals, custom plenum, twin bosch pumps and surge tank, you dont need all that stufff to run 10s,

all you would need is injectors, 044 fuel pump, cams, bigger turbo(s) power fc, cooler, standard box is fine, and some good slicks you should get into the 10s with a few passes, then after you get into the 10s then you have to spend big bucks to get back on the track.

waste of money for the motec, stroked motor, forged internals, custom plenum, twin bosch pumps and surge tank, you dont need all that stufff to run 10s,  

all you would need is injectors, 044 fuel pump, cams, bigger turbo(s) power fc, cooler, standard box is fine, and some good slicks you should get into the 10s with a few passes, then after you get into the 10s then you have to spend big bucks to get back on the track.

totally agree. it doesnt take huge uber dollars to get a 32R into the tens. A pair for 2530's/2540's/t518z's should do nicely and still have some acceptable response. fuel pump, cooler, cams, pfc or any other god ecu, clutch, injectors, some good tyres ( maybe nittos if you can find them or even federals as a 32 cracked into nines with these!). all you have to watch out for is the box!

Big difference from a car that runs one 10 sec pass, to a car that runs constant 10's at every meet without breaking

i totally agree 100%

to build a car thats going to last isnt cheap.

building one that does a few blinders one night and never goes back to the strip...

thats easy