SAU Community

"Car Hoons in Scarborough's Carparks"

adam 32

well apart from thinking the twits doing it are stupid, its down right dangerous, if one of lost control there would of been alot cars damaged and people hurt.

also if i was living in those apartments i'd be really annoyed, it would ruin your lifestyle, your investment in the location and property.

i doubt any of these people (the hoons) would care what the people who live there think. or even thought how it be like if that was there house, being surrounded by noisie troublesome riff raf, filled with noise, smoke and abusive language.

i think the stirling council has something to answer for especially if its true that residents have been complaining about this sort of thing for seven years.

call me an old fart if you want but there are desserted roads, industrial complexes where you can go for this have the same fun (unless they think the fun is ruining someones peace and quiet or lifestyle) and not hassel people in there day day to lives.

besides its a very nice beach front and doing that to the carpark detracts from that and makes families young and old not want to go there and enjoy a beach in there suburb which they have every right to go to.

vent over

basically - if you find this sort of thing fun, there are more discreet places to do and still have fun, try thinking about other people for once, and think how you'd feel if your there watching and some twit loses control and crashes into your car. the insurance companies will love that.

so i must've just missed the article. dam.

blame the gf for distracting me during the first 5mins of the news *wink*

but seriously, I'm with Troy on this one.

It's people like this once again that ruin it for the rest of us. And like troy said, these people ruin the lifestyle, and the people's investment in this prestigous property.

We live right around the corner from the beach in Rocko, up until a few months ago, we'd hear cars pulling burnouts every friday night up in the beach carpark. The following morning you would see residents of the ocean-view houses out in the carpark, removing RUBBER skids from the carpark!

It makes me SICK! There's old industrial parts of rocko that are FAR more suitable to this kind of tarmac abuse.

my 2c.

Originally posted by Strich9ine

It makes me SICK! There's old industrial parts of rocko that are FAR more suitable to this kind of tarmac abuse.

my 2c.

has anyone had any trouble with the security guards around these areas or are the spot lights just for show?

getting number plates no doubt. but does anything come of it?

Originally posted by aw11

has anyone had any trouble with the security guards around these areas or are the spot lights just for show?  

getting number plates no doubt. but does anything come of it?

a few of my "assocaiting" friend go down to some unnamed area, and a security gaurd got thier plates. i heard nothing after that, so i assume nothing came if it :burnout:

I missed it dammm it!

well it is very annoying late at night when some people carelessly do burn out near my house! :P

I think I have some idea people who lives around that area!

I think we need legal area where we can do burnout without being booked by cops.... ohh wait "MOTOPLEX"!:uh-huh:

me two cents

cheers

Joe

I am not agreeing with irresponsible behavior in any way - having said that,

with all the attention being thrown at irresponsible drivers, street racers, hoons doing demos in car parks etc, wouldn't it be great if some govt land could be put aside for a drift track or even a suitable signed area out of the way where people could totally destroy perfectly good rubber if they so wished?

Who knows how many dollars - taxpayers money - would be saved in not having to crack down on irresposible behaviour?

There certianly seems to be a fair bit of public works money around when it suits them

EDIT:

They could even charge a few bucks for a nights entertainment and make a quid - I'm sure the motorplex isnt the only place people would pay money to use

Myself and a few friends have been using industrial area's to film stuff for a fair while now, weve got the technique down pat. If you wanna go out and do a drift/burnout session, go with 1 or 2 cars max. Take yourself and 1 passenger (to film or help push if something goes wrong). Spend as little time as possible in one area, any more than 5 minutes and your pushing your luck.

We learnt the hard way lads, security told us to move on, we told em to get f.ucked. Within 5 minutes we had 6 units onto us including a justice of the peace. Instantly we stashed cameras a plenty in the bush and wandered around innocently.

Long and short of it was 4 yellow stickers, 6 cars searched and a bunch of guys trying to do the right thing with an even bigger reason to hate cops.

Never mind we got em back slightly by putting footage of a cop car swooping across 3 lanes without indicating and nearly killing a young girl in an echo.

The first Driftworks video was relatively carnage free, one broken radius rod in over 3 months of filming. The next one will be commencing soon with more crazy s.hit and less docco style.

Just dont do that stuff in groups, its asking for trouble.

Red17

Driftworks Ideas Man

Guest GR33DyMANGO

i'll prolly cop alot "cough cough" for this but.... i reckon it would have been great fun watching that mayhem unfold.. buahaa..

2 of my friends were there and were loving it. one of the guys isnt into cars and had never seen anything like it in his life. he thought it was nuts.

the bit where the newspaper says bottles were being thrown at a 4WD was not true.. but there was oil poured onto the road and ppl were doing massive burnouts on it..

i wish i saw it... but i;d never do anything like that in my car.. its a waste of hard earnt money..... especially me as im prolly earning a wage that makes me below the poverty line. oh well.. thats what parents are for.. hehee

oh and red17 .. u say

Having said that a large majority of the stuff we filmed (about 90 percent) wasnt illegal and we still got hassled.

can u video somehow be put on the net?? hehe or just the good bits?

bo-----selecta!smokin.gif

Originally posted by Steve

I am not agreeing with irresponsible behavior in any way - having said that,  

with all the attention being thrown at irresponsible drivers, street racers, hoons doing demos in car parks etc, wouldn't it be great if some govt land could be put aside for a drift track or even a suitable signed area out of the way where people could totally destroy perfectly good rubber if they so wished?

Who knows how many dollars - taxpayers money -  would be saved in not having to crack down on irresposible behaviour?  

There certianly seems to be a fair bit of public works money around when it suits them

EDIT:

They could even charge a few bucks for a nights entertainment and make a quid - I'm sure the motorplex isnt the only place people would pay money to use

for this you need to get a partition signed etc

theres wanneroo race way which can be hired out and its usually $90-100 a person.

alot of the so called hoons just don't want to pay that much money.

i have nothing against them having fun in there cars, i have a problem with where they did and the manner in which they did it.

edit:

here is a price i was emailed for a track day. you can see why the "hoons" would not go.

Pricing is as Follows:

$175 Full Day / $125 Half Day - Includes All Fours and Rotaries Car Club Membership and appropriate CAMS licence for the day

$155 Full Day / $105 Half Day - For All Fours Members without CAMS Licences

$120 Full Day / $70 Half Day - For CAMS affiliated car club members with Appropriate licences

Guest GR33DyMANGO

just out of interest. im a valuer and look over town planning schemes every now and then. when i was reading one a few months ago i noticed that the local council is going to turn about half the scarborough beach carpark into grass and trees. might not be too good for doing laps in the future.

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Pricing is as Follows:  

$175 Full Day / $125 Half Day - Includes All Fours and Rotaries Car Club Membership and appropriate CAMS licence for the day  

$155 Full Day / $105 Half Day - For All Fours Members without CAMS Licences  

$120 Full Day / $70 Half Day - For CAMS affiliated car club members with Appropriate licences

thats pretty expensive:(

not trying to take the pi5S outa u but this is prolly how these type of ppl think.

for 15 bucks or so they could:

1) drive to a tyre shop.. go round the back and take some old tyres.. change the tyres to the old ones to do burnouts with.

2) put $15 of petrol in the car

3) drive around do mad burnouts....

i know this coz i used to hang with a person that did this virtually every night. just for the record.... i dont hangout with this person anymore because he'll prolly kill himself if not some innocent bystander.

burnouts are a pretty lame.... they only wreck your car ..... but occasionally they are fun to watch.. hehe... as long as its done safely. :burnout:

Yeh but on the otherhand its a helluva lot cheaper than replacing ure rim and control arms etc etc cause u were bein a dumass and hit a curb. Or if u get done for "undue and excessive noise" etc etc

These so called Hoons bought commonwhores so what do u expect. They are not really much good for anything but burnouts and making alot of noise.

Just as long as ppl realise there is a distinction to be made between "car enthusiast" and "tool who has a high powered car and only uses it to do burnouts and look 'cool' ":D

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Just as long as ppl realise there is a distinction to be made between "car enthusiast" and "tool who has a high powered car and only uses it to do burnouts and look 'cool'

yer good point. i agree.

Guest ReaLiTy

I hope the police don't start targetting all people with nice high powered cars in a hope to get up the number of Lickies handed out, just so they can go back to the media next week as say "We gave out this many work orders and issued this many fines"

and you know that the media wont expose that they have targeted alot on "inocent" drivers whos only crime is having a nice car.

What worried me was the police officer that said "This was a one off and wont happen again" they are probably going to do what they did last summer and setup a check point in the bottom car park and call high powered cars into it to check them out and give out lickies!

Well that's my thoughts ... are we still going to cruise past there in the cruise on Friday night ... if we don't do anything wrong we'll be fine, nothing they can do.

Brad

Originally posted by ReaLiTy

Well that's my thoughts ... are we still going to cruise past there in the cruise on Friday night ... if we don't do anything wrong we'll be fine, nothing they can do.

Brad

Bwahahahah:bahaha: yeh right heard that b4

Anyhow it might be worth continuing down along the rail tracks to avoid that area and get to west coast hwy that way

i agree they need to crack down on these wankers but not at the expense of other hi-po car owners. although it always seems to work out that way...

and because of the media exposure the ignorant people are going to immediately assume because you have a fast car your a hoon. i guess all we can do is act responsibly on the roads and hope that just because of a few retards with no social intelligence we dont get hassled

same will happen as always, I mean that ladies been complaining for 7 years, and its been happening there years, used to be a regular drag location and the pubs used to be packed with bikies etc. Sure it was over the top(mind you at 1st it was a bit of fun) but i hope those involved realise theres better areas to do that sort of thing.

As for the news segment it will be online for all to download tomorrow :P

some people may say that $175 for a day at waneroo is expensive but i think it is relativly cheap considering safety to other people and other cars including your own, the ability to push your car alot harder than you could on the road WITHOUT blue light worries or the worry of slamming into a pole whenever you get the line wrong. also you can get some driving skills that can help you become a better driver.....and the fact it ia awesome fun:burnout: